Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bad word filters

pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited September 2019 in General

Guys, can we just get rid of the dumb filters? We are all adults here and can handle a little salty language. This is not a Southern Baptist forum. We are talking football. It's getting ridiculous what words are filtered. Can we take a vote on it or something? Shouldn't the members of the forum have some say in the matter?

Comments

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

You don’t have to be **** about it /s

Edit: when I typed /s it confused the filter. Weird

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I second the motion.

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Salty language is for the devil. /s

• BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

This is so ****, but why do members have to be **** about everything? It just ****, and all just because some **** needs to **** their ego. /s

• TMDawg7TMDawg7 Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

All the sexual words and the f word should be filtered. I’m ok with the others. I’m fairly new around here but if some language gets out of hand can’t the mods handle that? I know it’s a family atmosphere but my nephews used the word dum and they’re 10.

i understand it but if we have a vote I vote for less filters

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

All we have to do is become aware of what s t u p i d words this i-d-i-o-t filter has on its list and adjust a bit.

The list itself reminds me of a politically correct list for kindergarteners . It's u-gly.

All that said, I prefer civil conversations and believe we should assume children and ladies are present. I also prefer that we police ourselves as individuals, act like adults, and don't post when we're too drunk to have a filter. Good luck on that.

Go, Dawgs!

• NOVADAWGNOVADAWG Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Like instead of saying the s word say Florida or f dum say Tennessee

• tfk_fanboytfk_fanboy Posts: 2,821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

it is hilarious some of the words that are filtered

can't say **** vod.ka or **** str.ip for example

• Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

• KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

🤔 if only there was some sort of suggestions thread