Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame coach double downs with another strong denial of faking injuries vs. UGA

2»

Comments

• Options
    HMR2U2HMR2U2 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

For me it is the context of these injuries that is problematic. Due to previous incidents, ND was down to ONE REMAINING time out and there was still LOTS of game to be played. GA was freight training down the field, seemingly unstoppable. Without using their LAST timeout, the ONLY way for ND to stop play was an injury. Check the film. The (injured) ND defender completed the play and popped up for the next play only to be pulled down by another ND defender, compelling him to stay down. What we can't see on tape was if this was signaled in from the ND bench? The second one was just laughable. I've worn contact lens most of my life and don't ever recall brushing up against another person creating an issue. Again, it is the context which makes this one suspicious as in, "Hey, it worked earlier, let's do it again".

What's done is done. It's in the best interest of these young men to when in doubt never hesitate to evaluate an injury. I do believe that it is in the best interest of CF for these incidents to be evaluated by NCAA football and the Referee Association for inconsistencies and whether or not these incidents were encouraged from the bench. IF revealed it's a "pattern", perhaps another opportunity for a 10 second run-off?

• Options
    AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I think people keep pushing this story that ND was faking injuries. The second one remains questionable in particular. I have no comment on that one, but the first one folks should watch the game to know what is going on. Two plays before the "fake" injury, #6 took a hard shot to the head making a diving tackle. On the next play, #6 barely moves at all and looks to be out of sorts. What appears to have happened is the ND sideline saw #6 looking woozy, and one of his teammates caught on and pulled him down for evaluation. #20, who was closer to the sideline in front of #6 probably saw the coaches motioning for a player to go down. #20 was probably confused thinking the coaches were asking him to get down so he started to until realizing that they were pointing towards #6. Maybe I'm wrong, but I watched closely and think this is the actual explanation.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Can we please talk about something besides FAKE INJURIES? This topic has been discussed way too long. IT happened, it will happen again, nothing new.