Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Natonal Coaches Day

donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

National Coaches Day honors the men and women who inspire us to work harder and do our best.

Across the country in every community, a coach organizes teams, plans practices and training, motivates players to strive to be the best they can be. At the same time, coaches pinpoint areas for improvement and supply guidance. Every sport or competition requires a leader. More importantly, a leader who knows the game and how to drive athletes to work together as a team.

Many coaches maintain a schedule for training, conditioning, and preparing athletes not only for competition but for their best health. Injuries sideline athletes and upset team dynamics. Although a coaches final goal is winning, they do so through a wealth of knowledge. Coaches work to build teams that bond well. They develop work ethics and set standards for their athletes that many carry with them throughout their lifetime.

For many athletes, coaches teach them to focus and how to reach a goal – which sometimes is not about winning. Sometimes the achievement is an improvement, playing by the rules or learning respect for others, themselves, or the game.

Coaches represent leadership, mentors, and inspiration. Often, a coach’s words will echo through an athlete’s mind for years to come, motivating them forward and through difficult times. Rarely do these coaches even know the impact they’ve had on an athlete until many decades pass.

Oh, and they apparently also give us plenty to "discuss" on this forum !

Comments

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

A few of the coaches I played for became some of the most influential people in my life. That's what inspired me to coach, and I can only hope that I've had the same positive effect on others that my coaches had on me.

It's pretty much a thankless job, but carries a massive responsibility. Here's a shout out to any coach that's done it the right way...thanks for your selflessness and dedication, it's hugely appreciated!