- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)
- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans
- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum
- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
National Sausage Pizza Day / International Day Of The Girl Child
National Sausage Pizza Day
Whether served on a thin or thick crust, sausage pizza goes well with other toppings, too. Don’t hesitate to add mushrooms and a variety of cheeses. What’s even better about sausage pizza are the different kinds of sausage to choose from.
While Italian sausage may be preferred, try experimenting. Add more garlic or try additional spice. Try smoky sausages such as chorizo or even a kielbasa visit with your local butcher for sausage suggestions. They’ve probably been smoking up the latest experiment just for you to try.
Sausage comes in many combinations, too. Lighter forms and different ages offer flavors that complement our toppings. A little sweet with the savory creates a modern taste experience.
Sautéd onions add amazing flavor to sausage pizza. While cooking up the onions add a few portabella mushrooms to the pan. Once you’ve added them to your pizza, sprinkle the top with feta cheese and fresh basil. You won’t regret it.
· In ancient Greece, the Greeks covered their bread with oils, herbs, and cheese, which some attribute to the beginning of the pizza.
· In Byzantine Greek, the word was spelled “πίτα,” pita, meaning pie.
The Romans developed a pastry with a sheet of dough topped with cheese and honey, then flavored with bay leaves.
· The modern pizza had its beginning in Italy as the Neapolitan flatbread.
· The original pizza used only mozzarella cheese, mainly the highest quality buffalo mozzarella variant. It was produced in the surroundings of Naples.
· An estimated 2 billion pounds of pizza cheese was produced in the United States in 1997.
· The first United States pizza establishment opened in New York’s Little Italy in 1905.
International Day Of The Girl Child seeks to bring awareness and solutions to the unique challenges that girls around the world face every day.
From the moment a child is born, she can grow up to be a scientist, author, business leader, mother, teacher or anything she may choose to be. Providing her with healthy options, education, and resources to make her own choices means removing some of the obstacles she faces.
Depending on where she lives, a young girl’s challenges will vary and how we approach addressing those issues will change. During International Day of the Girl, join the global call to action. Create real solutions; listen to the aspiration of young women; mentor someone who will someday overcome the challenges she faces.
Research is pretty clear that participation in sport in HS has many benefits down the road for women....start them early catching passes from you and shooting hoops with you or kicking soccer balls. Running is a great lifetime activity that needs little equipment and can be done with children - if we are fit enough to handle it. Of course, I now ride a bike along side my runners but that's ok too.