Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby or coley

13»

Comments

• Options
    icebuddyicebuddy Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Somebody posted during game and I think it is really valid. Does Kirby want to be like Saban and change his philosophy by opening up the offense or like Les Miles and stubbornly stick to 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

No screens, no slants, very few passes over the middle and 80% of the passes to the sidelines. This is not a dynamic offense.

• Options
    BlantonBlanton Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I understand the angst, but let’s share the blame a little. Jake was not accurate, the receivers dropped ball that they should have caught, the receivers could not break coverage, and the offensive line was sleep walking the first half. No pass rush and missed tackles. Let’s not just point at Kirby or Coley. Basically I believe in the coaches and trust they know more than me.

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why don’t every one of you doomgloomers assemble a staff and get a team together so we can start a forum to bash you after every loss!! I’m ridin’ on the Kirby train all the way!! Cmon and hit me with downvotes!!

• Options
    MMURPHYMMURPHY Posts: 20 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby said it himself,we run the ball,wear the opposing defense down and win in the 4th quarter. He needs to let the offensive weapons be the athletic recruits they are capable of being.I think we should run the ball but we must throw the ball to set up the run. This isnt the Dooley era,This is the Spurrier era.Let it rip!!!

• Options
    Silverbritches515Silverbritches515 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Its hard to win a football game especially against and SEC team with four turnovers... I for one will need to see more games before I place blame on Coley or Kirby. Our game plan has worked (As in we got a W) every game this season up until Saturday.. Receivers not catching passes hurts as well. With all that being said, I would not mind seeing more passes over the middle to help open up things for the run game. Lets just hope we can learn from this and win out ! It makes for a long week ahead after a loss like that! GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    reheckmanreheckman Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ Junior

They said the same thing about Oklahoma is 2017 yet they lost in the Rose Bowl to a non spread team.

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The biggest thing is having a Plan B. If plan A is bogged down, then have a Plan B ready to go.

Did you guys see Fromm's stats vs Man and vs zone? This offense has no answer to press coverage.

Every team that beats UGA uses the same blueprint..Bama, LSU, Texas, etc. Play press coverage and stack the box. No one is scared of the WRs UGA runs out there. I know DRob has speed but they easily knocked him off balance more than once during the jam. The easy fix to help vs press coverage is using WR bunch formations. This is becoming more and more common in the NFL. It would be great to help those WRs get easier releases.