Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Pitboss

Comments

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, I saw that. No problem. I wouldn't expect Fayetteville to be nice either.

Stay in Athens, CSP!

Go, Dawgs!

• ArkaDawgArkaDawg Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

I live in arkansas and i can tell you. CSP name comes up alot. Mainly as a oc. They want his recruiting prowess is what im hearing.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,710 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

We know that Pittman is an elite recruiter....but you have to think a significant part of his recruiting success is the program and Athens. Kind of recruits itself. Who the hell wants to go to Arky?

• ArkaDawgArkaDawg Posts: 28 ✭✭ Sophomore

Have 2 disagree. Check out the oline class his 1st few years at arky

• DvilleDawgDvilleDawg Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Arkansas is a dumpster fire with an impatient fanbase and boosters. Why would CSP want to walk into that mess?

• TxnDawgTxnDawg Posts: 909 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those of you who have 247 access does it allow you to view all programs? If so go check out HawgSports first week of Arkansas coaching search podcast. They start out talking about CSP

• gohogs14gohogs14 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman
    edited November 2019

Northwest Arkansas isn't like the rest of Arkansas, the MSA is approaching 600,000 people and its a really nice area infused with Walmart and Tyson money. Plus a ton of outdoors activities in the Ozarks.

From what I've heard Pittman loved working at Arkansas and being close to family in Oklahoma but hated working with Bielema. It would be a risky hire but the players would probably like him a lot more than they liked Chad. He recruited a lot of 4* OL to Arkansas before and once he left the OL fell off a cliff and still hasn't recovered. I think he'll get considered but ultimately Arkansas can't afford to go with anyone that doesn't have head coaching experience IMO. Plus it would likely mean Jim Chaney as OC ?

I remember a story about Pittman hosting a big-time OL on a visit to Arkansas and apparently Bielema either forgot or was out of town vacationing in the Bahamas when the recruit was visiting and never made time to meet him. Pissed Pittman off and the recruit ended up signing with another SEC team.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,739 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you read up a few posts you'll see that I like Fayetteville very much. You're right, that area of the state is vastly unlike most of the rest of Arkansas.

I also like Little Rock. I've been there a good many times.

I've not been everywhere in Arkansas but other than the NW and LR I've not been anywhere in the state I much liked.

That's not to say I like all of any state I've been in other than Florida. /s

Go, Dawgs!

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Welcome to the forum Hog! Do you have an Auburn scouting report for us?

• BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Will Muschamp maybe looking for a job soon. Before you say I’m crazy not talking about head coach Defensive coach. I don’t think he will ever be a good head coach but he’s been a good D-coach. Could do worse.

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Appears we're doing pretty well with what we have. LSU might want to consider him. Or Ala.

Im hearing that if Kiffin takes the Arkansas job that the Pitboss will be his OL coach. Apparently people in the know have been told that if he takes the job it’s a done deal but he’s waiting to see what happens at FSU. Just thought I’d give an update on what I’m hearing in state

• pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's a little hard to take seriously. Coaching championship contender to coaching bottom feeder for a lateral move is not something that would be attractive. IMO

Look y’all, I’m praying it doesn’t happen and he stays at Georgia. I’m a Georgia fan that just so happens to live in Arkansas. I am just trying to relay what I am hearing from inside the state

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sounds like wishful thinking. I have family in Arkansas. They tell me it's a necessity there. 😁

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This Pittman to Arkansas was first being thrown out as the HC, coming from the people in state.

He is currently Associate Head Coach at UGA, and would be a downgrade or at best lateral move to go back to a lesser program (this was stated just above) .

Now those people are saying OC under Kiffin, who i believe likes to throw the ball all over the yard. I may be wrong here, but Pittman doesn't seem like the type of potential OC to do that. Id see him as a run ball first and early and often type.

This Arkansas and Pittman stuff is “for the hogs”. I have an Ark buddy who pays money on 247 to get info and he texts me every other day with their new candidate.

Not happening here. Nothing to see here is my opinion.

Well I’m glad there’s nothing to see here cause I don’t want to lose him. They are a much lesser program who believes they are a top 5 program in the nation. 2/3 of the main coaches they have looked at turned them down to either stay put or go “to a lesser” program. They don’t understand that no one wants to go there plus they have to full on rebuild and not make a splashy to contend. Again just relaying what I hear. Kiffin told them he reached out to an SEC OL coach that told him he would go with him. The AD of Ark has said he met with Pitman publicly. So just trying to stay informed. Don’t want it to be true at all

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Sources: Deal in place to bring Lane Kiffin to Ole Miss