Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Official offers?

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I had some questions concerning the official offers. I signed in 1984
(With SMU not UGA - long difficult story) and I know much has changed since then.

1. It was posted that 33 official offers went out Aug 1st. Was that all of them or just the ones we know about?

2. Some current commits received them, some did not.

3. Some of the top targets received them but some did not.

4. Is an official offer actually a commitable offer, assuming the position didn't fill up prior to commiting?

I was just curious.

Have a great day Dawg fans.

Comments

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I asked a similar question and Jeff Sentell broke down some of the nuances of an "offer". It may answer some but probably not all your questions. Just view Sentell's post in the link below.

https://forum.dawgnation.com/discussion/1553/a-basic-question-on-the-commitment-process#latest

On a side note: I was a huge Mustang fan when I lived in Dallas as a kid. I moved to Atlanta in 84 and quickly became a Georgia sports fan. SMU in the early 80's was amazing. You must have been good.

• Options

Thank you for the info. Committing to SMU in 84 was not the greatest decision. I knew something was up but never thought it would be that bad.

• Options
    ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg said:
    Thank you for the info. Committing to SMU in 84 was not the greatest decision. I knew something was up but never thought it would be that bad.

I was thinking about the timeline. You must have been there for the death penalty.

• Options

First was the three year probation in 85 then death in 87.