Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football live updates vs. LSU in SEC Championship Game: News, scoring, injuries

124»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great Oline how many yards rushing?

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    mnbdawgmnbdawg Posts: 34 ✭✭ Sophomore

Guys if Fields was our QB we would still run the same plays with the same results. Fromm is not the problem, Smart and Coley are

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I really do believe that this year's recruiting will take a hit. I wouldn't be suprised if Milton backs out of his commitment. Why not? Run the ball on an offense that can't throw, so you have to run against 9 man fronts? Already lost out on Gilbert (I bet he is loving his decision). The defensive recruits see this also. Play on a team, that the offense doesn't even help you win a game? Maybe not. I hope he didn't just coach CMR guys, to where they went 3 years ago. If so, he is underachieving the talent he his getting.

This defense just played their 1st offense ranked inside the top 35 in the country. And this is what it is. But the offense did NOTHING. So the defense didn't get any help.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of our best players on both sides of the ball are young! Disappointed, yes! Giving up on the Dawgs, not no, but HELL NO! Kirby has got some growing to do, BUT there's not a coach alive that's accomplished what he's accomplished in his first four years!

That being said, Bobo should be hired and in Athens by Monday to coach this offense for the bowl game and in preparation for next season!

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can anyone recommend a really good bottle of wine that goes with crow??? My predictions prior to this game (and pre season for that matter) were significantly off from were I thought. I can withstand losing every now & then - but to not put a competitive product on the field considering where our program is now, where our roster is now, just does not make any sense.

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Honestly....sadly it looks like 2017 was just fluke...a bunch of good players coming together at the same time.....Kirby is a good coach but he will never be a great coach...oh...he'll milk the 2017 season for the next ten years but the Dawgs won't come close to another run at the playoffs

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Agreed. Maybe CKS should use half his money and bring in an offensive coordinator and passing game guru. And the big thing. KEEP HIS HANDS OFF THE OFFENSE.

• Options
    GaBoi69GaBoi69 Posts: 323 ✭✭✭ Junior

Joe Burrow had more rushing yards than Georgia offense and he didn't run behind a line that average over 350 pounds full of 4 and 5 stars. Talent doesn't mean much if it doesn't show in big games.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

You can’t win the Kentucky Derby with a donkey or mule. Kirby has tried the past 3 years. We need a top notch OC and a top notch QB to play with the big boys like ALA and LSU. Bobo is available and we could get a good mobile QB even if we had to go the junior college route.

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    peggysue4upeggysue4u Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

"Don't know if CKS was being smart(pardon the pun) or just trying to cover his petoot, but he actually said Fields didn't show him much in practice. In other words he didn't see it coming!!!! Great talent evaluator Kirby!"

I heard from someone on the inside that Fields always was the best at practice. He was never used properly in games. Maybe our offensive scheme didn't suite him as well as Ohio State's does, but it seems to me that when you have a talent like Fields, you make your offense work utilizing his talents.