Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football: The big recruiting question from the 27-point loss to LSU

13»

Comments

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

For the most part, Yep, we were short.

Except.

How many times this year have we seen Fromm with open receivers in front of him that he JUST DIDN'T SEE?

I can't speak as to why this is a problem, but it is. People will say it's coaching, people will say it's receivers not getting open (and Fromm should've seen them, considering what play he called), people will say it's the O-line crowding his vision (a tactical mistake if ever I've heard one...). The bottom line is that we've got to make connections. Jake has been a wonderful manager, but, this past year, has come up short reading his field. When the receivers have flat-out missed, Fromm's percentage is on them, but that's been a 50/50 gig. Making good on that missing 50 has been on the QB.

Is it O-line coaching? Kinda.

Is it on the receivers? Kinda.

Is it on overall Offensive execution? Kinda.

The point is that there is no one person/area to blame. Chopping wood is a whole-body activity.

GO DAWGS!

• osmosiphobeosmosiphobe Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Things are changing in the college game...I thought the Kirby actually had a chance last year to revolutionized the game of college football with a detailed dual QB attack....I was so looking forward to that...I thought it was a missed opportunity that Fields did not play last year in a revamped offense....no matter........as mentioned Kirby keeps calling himself old school....Do we really need that? 3 yards and a cloud of dust....I don't think so....We need a dual threat QB and the best receivers in the nation....

BTW....Finebaum had an interesting guest on his show today talking about the SEC TV rights being up for renewal in a few years.......team revenues going from 50 Mil to 500 Mil...It got me to thinking.......... aren't teams like Georgia.....Alabama.....LSU....Auburn...worth a lot more than Vandy, Miss State, Arkansas and South Carolina...Why should Georgia not leave the SEC and negotiate their own TV contract? Think about that!

• DawgvilleDawgville Posts: 6 ✭ Freshman

Decide not to indict the wide receivers that were in the SECCG.And then promptly indict them.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't matter what WR we have Frommis going to under, over and flat out miss them. SMH,

• HamiltonAZHamiltonAZ Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman

Look, Fromm’s a Good QB and a good guy. I like him. But Hardman, Godwin, and Ridley made him look better by catching passes that weren’t, let’s say, “on the money.” This year, those passes fell. To be fair, there were legitimate drops, but when was the last time we’ve seen a National Champion with a QB that missed on accurately more than occasionally?

• HamiltonAZHamiltonAZ Posts: 9 ✭ Freshman