Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football running back James Cook arrested

2»

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A lot of people on here seem to want to excuse what Cook did. I'm not saying it's the worst thing in the world, nor am I saying he should be permanently labeled. But I AM SAYING that it seems both of these charges could have been easily avoided. On the open container in the passenger section, couldn't the passenger (or Cook) simply have poured out the beer and tossed the can before driving the vehicle? Just seems an easy way to avoid that charge. And driving with an invalid license. OK. You're a college football player and you're busy, but good grief, in most states you can renew a license online. Even if not, certainly there's a day at some point within the past year (I say a year because I figure the license expired some time within the last year) when he could have got the thing renewed. This is not the first or second time a UGA athlete has faced such a charge. In all of this staff that CKS has, surely he has SOMEBODY that can simply check the validity of each every player's license at the beginning of each year. Since so many people in this forum claim that local law enforcement is looking for reasons to stop and harass UGA athletes (particularly football players) just seems common sense to me that the program would do everything in its power to eliminate possible reasons to be in contact with cops. Just my two cents. I hope he can play in the Sugar Bowl, but wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't. If not, this will be our chance to get a really long look at Zeus and McIntosh since they'll likely be expected to carry a big load next year anyway. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    plrdawgplrdawg Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

He had to be checked for DUI, was ok. So designated driver while others were still in the mix.. That's why he was behind the wheel. and others were not,,,,, Good for him. If licence was expired, not renewed, during football season and classes, no big deal,,,,just renew it. If suspended because of a reason,,,,maybe a problem......Why arrested?

• Options
    StringGeneStringGene Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Ridiculous charges. The Sheriff in our county declared to not enforce that silliness of open containers, and anyone can miss a due date on your license:)

• Options
    sthop456sthop456 Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2019

Hey Coach, put everyone on the team in a room at once and tell them to bring their licenses. Now tell them to check the expiration date. Now tell them to pass the license one player down for a double-check. All those with expired licenses are immediately bused over to the renewal office. There, you just eliminated half the arrests by the Athens/Clarke Co/UGA PD.