Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football senior captain J.R. Reed not present at Senior Bowl

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps because you haven't bothered to do any research! Saban has been beside himself because he is dealing with the same problem.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think Saban is dealing with it to the same extent as UGA. We are missing at least six (6) starters, seven if Swift doesn't play (which I don't expect him to). And Herrien and Blaylock played heavy minutes. I don't see the other schools in the non-CFB bowls with players sitting out to the extent that UGA guys are. This is embarrassing.

Obviously injured players can't play, although Reed even describes his injury as "minor" so I wonder just how bad it is. I'm thinking he doesn't even mention it if UGA is in the playoffs. Guys want to turn pro I still think could play in the bowl game. The risk of injury is low, but there is a risk so whatever. Cleveland (and anyone else) out due to academic problems, that's on them. In this day and age, no scholarship athlete should be flunking course. Take an incomplete or something for crying out loud.

I'm sorry, I do think Kirby has an internal problem. I'm not sure how or why it happened, but this team isn't as committed as he wants us to believe. When your permanent team captains are putting their own interests above the team's, that tells you EXACTLY what people are feeling like. And don't blame fans for not going to the Sugar Bowl. If he players don't think this game is important -- and they clearly don't -- there's no way fans, who have to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to go watch. Last year, all of those receivers we keep talking about who are now in the NFL, they all played in the Sugar Bowl. Terry Godwin was a senior but he played. Now guys are looking for reasons to sit the game out, as if not playing this one game is going to be all the difference to where they get drafted

I sure hope Kirby and staff find a way to fix this and start recruiting guys who truly want to be Georgia Bulldogs, from beginning to end.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 68 ✭✭✭ Junior

I understand players with high draft potential putting themselves ahead of the team. What really concerns me is those who are academically ineligible because I never hear about this happening at AL. Coach Saban sends a consistent message about the importance of graduating and suspended a player from playing in the Ole Miss game because he skipped class. Coach Saban constantly brags about the players on the team who have already graduated-15 in the recent Dec graduation.