Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

ESPN analyst Todd McShay projecting Jake Fromm in 2020 NFL Draft first round

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigFanBigFan Posts: 146 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agree with ShoottheHooch: McShay is no oracle. Nice enough guy, but mostly just parrots what he's told by NFL scouts (who are looking to spread disinformation wrt their team's real grades).

I doubt Jake goes in the first. But the bright side of going later: better team/situation (have fun in Cincy, Joe) and maybe a better contract situation as first-rounders are locked in to their rookie contracts for an extra year.

Andrew Thomas didn't look raw to me. Would go to war with that guy anytime.

• Options
    78Dawg78Dawg Posts: 167 ✭✭✭ Junior

McShay must be drinking.

• Options
    ReddenBlaqueReddenBlaque Posts: 18 ✭ Freshman

Guys like McShay watch tape all day and talk to scouts but, I can't see where Fromm has tools any better than what David Greene had and he couldn't make a team in the NFL.

Maybe the offense at Georgia just wasn't suited to his physical talent and someone in the NFL can see the way to make him successful as a pro. I hope so. I like him. But I've always felt he's physically limited. He throws darts on short yardage passes but when he has to go deeper than twenty yards his accuracy gets a little iffy. Plus, he seems scared to death of throwing to the middle of the field.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's over now...Jake is gone and will make his way into the NFL at some juncture. Great guy and talent...wish him the best.

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not really all that on board with this comparison. Brady is probably the best QB to ever toss a pigskin. He also elevates the receivers around him, which Fromm hasn't shown he can do. He will be as good as the players around him for right now, and he can obviously improve, but not dramatically, in my opinion.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let’s see how Jake tests at the combine before we anoint him with a first round grade. Not dissing on Jake but here’s what I expect they will find: (1) he’s not 6’2”, (2) his 40 time and 3 cone drill will be slow and (3) his hand size is small. I project a third round grade for him and being on a practice squad next fall. If he can do better than that, more power to him. Good luck Jake!

• Options
    rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jake was rarely allowed to play to his strengths in the UGA offense. He excelled in two minute drill situations, but UGA preferred to milk the clock on three and out drives in most situations. That and wildcat plays and RPOs. Perhaps he finds a system that is a better match for his talents in the NFL. No idea if he’s good enough to make it at the next level, but wish him the best!