Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tell Me Your Thoughts About UGA...

Comments

• Options
    PharmDawg2054PharmDawg2054 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

1) Monken

2) Bama (although TAMU wins their first 10 games of the season, check the schedule and you will see that its possible)

3) Texas makes it to the playoffs, Auburn only wins 7 games, Kentucky is better this year than people think, Muschamp loses his job.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'd love the last sentence to fall into place. That would knock 1 contender out for Stocktons services.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1- Lanning He's going to be the DC for the Nation's best defense in back to back years

2- Bama, but we're going to beat them in Week three and the SECCG

3- We don't have a 1,000 yard rusher. Think Monken spreads the wealth across all four backs.

• Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think if Zeus stays healthy he'll crack a grand rushing.

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I generally don't think this comes true TBH but I could see something where Zeus is at 980, Cook with 950 and Milton and Macintosh with 600 each.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good questions, BA.

1. I can get on board with Lanning and Luke. Lanning has always been upwardly mobile, and if the D shows out this year, he’s probably gone. I think CML’s firing was a complete joke, and I wouldn’t be surprised to see him gone soon as well. In fact, I suspect Kirby is replacing a lot of staff if we win the national championship this year.
    2. It’s hard to say anyone but Bama. I think there was so much “lightning in a bottle” to LSU’s season last year (not that they didn’t earn it). The Barn was good last year, so they’ll win six games this year.
    3. Tennessee finishes second in the East. I think Pruitt’s actually building a good roster in Creamsicle-land, and I think Dan Mullen can get passed by a guy who coaches with intensity, which Pruitt seems to do. Plus, the Gator tears would be especially tasty if they lose to a team that is still inferior to their own.

Dang, September. Hurry up and get here already!

• Options
    WalterWalter Posts: 105 ✭✭✭ Junior

3.If we win it all, we lose 3.  If we don't, we lose none.

2.Bama

1.Coach Luke.  He is a great fit for us, but likely would want to return to a head position and get the big salary back.  My initial reaction was Lanning, but I think he can play it like Kirby and wait on his pick.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,385 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020
    1. Lanning - Easy answer but the best one, especially if the Defense is stout again this year as expected.
    2. Auburn - But it won't be decided until late November. 11/21 features Auburn vs. LSU and Texas A&M vs. Bama, then only a week later is the Iron Bowl as well as LSU vs. Texas A&M. I believe those are the strongest 4 teams in the west and the winner will be Auburn because they bring back a lot and Bo Nix will have a full year under his belt.
    3. Florida loses 4 games: UGA, UT, and LSU, with a possible upset coming from Missouri or Ole Miss. The Georgia-Florida game in Jacksonville won't be a showdown of titans - we'll hear more prognosticating about UF's overall bowl eligibility at that point in the season than whether or not they can knock off the Dawgs. People will be wondering "where it went wrong?" for Dan Mullen & co. - the answer will be last year's recruiting class attrition leading to lack of depth, and a few key injuries on OL & receiver positions.
  • Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Dell McGhee

2) Bama 10-2 (LSU & UGA)

3) Nobody in the SEC has less than 2 losses except for 13-0 UGA

• Options
    dirtypantsdirtypants Posts: 259 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    1. Monken- He's been a head coach before and he took this job to get back to that. I think that move happens next year. If he comes in and isn't able to get this talent into the playoff, he isn't the coach we all think he is.
    2. I am tempted to say Auburn, but I think it's Bama. UGA is going to beat them in September, and nothing lights a fire under Nick Saban like an early season loss. Expect a HUGE SEC championship rematch.
    3. The divide between the top 2 SEC teams and their divisions gets wider this year. Everyone but UGA and bama loses 2+ games. We see a rematch game in the SEC championship and Kirby makes history again, being the only assistant to beat Saban not once, but twice. UGA goes undefeated during the season, and runner up has 2 losses. Chasm opens up between UGA and the rest of the SEC, and everyone starts hating us.
  • Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hate using the word loose when I mean lose, but my finger dont always do what my brain tells them to do.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All good brother! (That's why I gave you a friendly rebuke rather than a rude remark.)

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Monk
    2. Bama
    3. James Cook has a massive year.
  • Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

3) Breakout year = Justin Schaffer

• Options
    LORLOR Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Dell McGee - I feel like he’s been waiting for the right time and right school
    2. Alabama - too much talent
    3. Trey Hill drops a little weight, plays like a beast and everyone who said he would be replaced by a freshman will crawl back into the bushes
  • Options
    DestinDawgDestinDawg Posts: 636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. i hope he stays another year or two, but I think Lanning gets the nod to be the HBC somewhere
    2. Bama....
    3. Pickens goes over 1,000...White goes over 1,500
  • Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,217 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1 -- I think the safe bet is Lanning, and it will probably be in the next year or two.

2 -- Bama is the obvious choice. Auburn always seems to be good so it wouldn't surprise me to see them win it if they get a few good breaks.

3 -- Bama and Clemson will not make the CFP. Yep I think we will keep Bama out and Clemson will slip up this year.