Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Tell Me Your Thoughts About UGA...

Comments

• Options
    SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Regarding your bold prediction: Ouch, but I can tell you've been a Georgia fan for awhile.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'll skip to 2 and 3....

2) Texas A&M They return a lot of players including Mond. Bama will be stunned after losing to us and instead of rallying the troops, things will start to unravel and there'll be all kind of rumors about this being Saban's last year...blah, blah, blah. That'll be just enough distraction to give the Ags the edge to take them down when they play. LSU is a one-hit-wonder, and Auburn is just Auburn...not good or deep enough to hang with the big dawgs yet.

3) Clemson loses twice this year....at Notre Dame in November. And to North Carolina, who wins the ACC and goes to the playoffs. I already made this prediction on another thread, but before you start laughing, just keep in mind; Sam Howell set freshmen records at QB for the Heels. They return 10 players on O, and all of their losses were by a TD or less, with a one point loss to Clemson in OT. You heard it here for first....

UGA/North Carolina Round 1......Ohio St/Notre Dame Round 2

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The responses to yesterday's questions were great to read. Thanks for making this fun. Here's today's BA Q&A. I'll be looking forward reading more of them on air...

1 -- Who is the best UGA RB of the last decade?

2 -- Who is the "must sign" 2021 recruit?

3 -- Have you ever taken less money in order to get a better job?

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thats a hot take there on Clemson there. Lawrence year 3 will probably be special though. Think CU runs the table next year easily.

Also year of tape on Howell. Look for that sophomore slump up there.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Dan Lanning is the next coach to leave for his own head coaching job.
    2. Alabama - we (Georgia) have to beat them twice this year, and we DO accomplish that!! Georgia BEATS Alabama TWICE this coming season on our way to winning the National Championship.
    3. Georgia enjoys its most prolific scoring offense since Mike Bobo was the OC.
  • Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gurley imo.

James Williams

For a better work atmosphere, absolutely.

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Todd

?

never took a pay cut but I do not apply for jobs that would move me to a more congested area or involve a lot of meetings. Enjoy the freedom of current work

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,220 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The best running back of the last decade has to be Nick Chubb. He has the second most rushing yards in the SEC, he played for four years, and he has the signature wins in the SEC Championship and College Football Playoff.

• Options
    ziggyholidayziggyholiday Posts: 492 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Chubb. Second all time rusher in the SEC and almost broke the freshman record too.

2) haven’t looked enough at the 21 class enough yet.

3) took a big pay cut to come back to Germany and it’s already payed off. I’ll be making more when I head back to the States than before I left.

• Options
    Filo_BettoFilo_Betto Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A healthy Chubb is slightly better than a healthy Gurley

After this year we need a bell cow safety more than we need a world class left tackle so I'll say Williams over Mims

• Options
    corai3corai3 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How long has Mond been in college? I think he and Renfrow started college the same year.

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chubb

Brock

Yes - still doing it 15 years later...

• Options
    dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Todd Gurley

2) Barrett Carter

3) No.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love your take on UNC. The old guy still has it. I was skeptical when they announced the hire, but now I'm rooting for him.

• Options
    DawgNationDailyDawgNationDaily Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm really sorry I didn't get the questions in here from yesterday. I'm really enjoying your responses. I'm hoping to make this a fun thread. Thanks for participating.

For today...

1 -- Did Nick Saban do Scott Cochran wrong? (Pretty interesting rumors coming out of Tuscaloosa the last couple days)

2 -- Who is the most interesting SEC coach?

3 -- Which 2020 recruit do you wish UGA would've signed?

• Options
    SoFL_DawgSoFL_Dawg Posts: 11,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    1. Dont think he did him wrong, but didn’t quite do him right either. Jinx Kasey.
    2. Mason-Always wondered what he could do if he had resources like UGA/Bama
    3. Bryan Bresee
  • Options
    MacDawg15MacDawg15 Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If the reports are right about Saban belittling Cochran in front of staff, yes imo he did him wrong. Especially after his dedication for 13 years and doing as much as anyone in building up that program. But Saban isn't the guy I'd ever even want to play a round of golf with. So..

Imo maybe it makes me a homer but I say Kirby. He has sent our program into the stratosphere as far as recruiting. Should already have a Natty in 17. Maybe he had more at his disposal than Saban or Dabo when 1st becoming a HC. But he has accomplished more than they did in the same amount of time. N I think he gets his 1st Natty this year.

Sewell would be a great pick here. But we are so loaded at LBer (inside and outside), and I think we're just gonna reload and bring in 3 or 4 alpha dawgs in this class. But where we have always needed the most help was DL. I think Bresee would have been enormous for us.

• Options
    DCochranDCochran Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

There is a saying in the Psychological field that says, 'Hurting people hurt people. And most of the time, it's the people closest to us.' I think Saban is feeling pressure from a spoiled fanbase and a bunch of unrealistic boosters after a 2 loss season, one of them being to Auburn, and then ending up in the 'Whatever Bowl'. I kinda figure that he's desperate to make some kind of changes to get them back into the SECC talk. Therefore, he's pushing (hurting) the people closest to him. In this case, his right hand man Cochran. He might regret doing that though.

I'd say the most interesting coach is either Smart or ol Cajun Ed. Problem with him is, until you learn to speak Coon-ass, you really don't get but about every 3rd word.

I kinda wish Braun would have stuck with us instead of running off to the Gators. But I think we got plenty of OLmen to make up for that loss. So, no biggy. Just don't like giving the Lizards anything to brag about at our expense.