Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Covid-19

Comments

• Options
    CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Tom Hanks just tested positive for coronavirus so I’m about ready to throw hands with the next person who tells me it’s no big deal

• Options

The NBA just suspended the season because a player tested positive.

I’m about to LOSE IT.

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

Looks like the Democrats bought off Tom Hanks and the entire NBA. That is an impressive devotion to continuing this hoax.

• Options

This is scary. A retired Georgia native that doesn't travel or go anywhere caught it. He speaks out from quarantine...

• Options

Summertime ain't gonna make it any better either. Australia is in the middle of summer right now. Ugh.

• Options

Don’t fret, just shove your head in the sand and tell yourself that you’re smarter than everyone else!

In honesty, it’s about to ramp up in the U.S. Doesn’t get much bigger than the suspension of the second largest professional sports organization in the country.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Bankwalker said it was impossible for people to catch it in Australia. Made a big fuss over it. I'm sure the liberal media is lying to you

• Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In the end, in a week or two we'll know if it's overblown or not. I hope it's overblown. The fact is every other affected country is testing and has been testing on an order of magnitude higher level than we have. So I'm not exactly sure where people are looking at what's going on in Italy and somehow drawing conclusions that it can't happen here based on numbers that we don't have.

• Options

Ain't gonna lie, this has had my whole family worried about this for weeks. We haven't gone out and bought up everything yet but we live off the land mostly anyway. My 9 and 16 y.o. got sick so we freaked. They weren't tested for covid but they got better. My wife and I seem fine but still...Ugh. Even Trump seemed serious tonight.

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    scooterdawgscooterdawg Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well put. And I'd also ask people to imagine the actual everyday logistics of 100s of thousands of people dying in a short period of time....not spread out over a year like the flu. That's what these low %s y'all aren't worried about are calling for.

• Options
    DawgsonTopDawgsonTop Posts: 521 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Tom Hanks and an NBA player have it, it’s about to blow up. Not to cause panic, but that’s a fact.

This discussion has been closed.