Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

What can we do to not be so bored

Comments

• Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I be honest.... I quit reading when I got to doc and peace. Should have kept going haha

• YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,098 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm having pun trying to master the art of the message board one-liner.

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@dragonslayer After reading your post concerning what you had been consuming around the house, and then the effect that it had on your typing?? I laughed so hard, I was nearly in tears!!!!

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

x2 I laughed out loud and then started on the things I need to finish....ya'll be safe !

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Its had a weird impact on me (the boredom) for sure.

I haven't worked out in 5 days, but that’s not the strange part. I’ve had beer once in the last three weeks and just don't feel like it. I wont even look at it in the store. On top of the quarantine,it has been rainy the past couple weeks.

I think I'm depressed. I definitely need some Summertime Grill Therapy.

• BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Space Invaders was dope. I liked that, Donkey Kong, and R.B.I

That X’s and O’s football game on glasstop, with the big roller ball was cool, but it killed my hand.

• EastAtlDawgEastAtlDawg Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just watching Georgia games...

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • SAVDGDSAVDGD Posts: 860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

oh thank you so much for this idea

Dabo Exotic

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited March 2020

Participate in a discussion thread about Black Jersey’s 🤯 After your head explodes you are not bored anymore.

• deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 1,595 mod

Just sharing some info one of the Units I support has pushed out to their people.

Anti-boredom Tips for Dealing with Isolation

Preventative measures for COVID-19 have led to less options for recreation and more time spent at home. In order to beat boredom, we’re going to have to look for fun in new places that we might not have considered before. We can borrow strategies from one of the ultimate spots for boredom; being stuck in a submarine with minimal personal space and no escape for months on end. Submariners have developed a number of strategies to deal with boredom; we combined suggestions from them with many additional ideas for battling boredom:

1.      Active duty get free access to audiobooks, eBooks, and language learning materials through Overdrive (See attachment)

2.      Board games

3.      Videogames

4.      Books

5.      Exercise

6.      FaceTime chat with loved ones & friends

7.      Learn a language

8.      Focus on meaningful activities

9.      Take time to appreciate the little things in life

10.  Create a healthy routine

11.  Set out to master a skill

12.  Practice yoga

13.  Pray/Reflect

14.  Trade neck massages with your partner

15.  Connect with your spouse/children in-person or online

16.  Order takeout from a new restaurant

17.  Create a bucket list

18.  Practice mindfulness (see attachment)

19.  Find new music

20.  Write emails or paper letters to friends

21.  Revive friendships by contacting old friends

22.  Watch TV

23.  Meditate

24.  Find a new series on Netflix

25.  Puzzles and word games

26.  Paint

27.  Card games

28.  Make a 5-year plan for your future

29.  Surf the internet

30.  Knock out your taxes with free tax software from militaryonesource.com

31.  Financial planning

32.  Take a break

33.  Start new crafting projects

34.  Play with your pet

35.  Learn a new skill with online tutorial videos

36.  Catch up on emails

37.  Write 2 things you’re grateful for every day

38.  Catch up on laundry

39.  Find a new podcast to listen to

40.  Organize your home

41.  Get your sleep schedule back into a consistent routine

42.  Cook or bake

43.  Make healthy food that meets your fitness goals

44.  Try out new recipes from around the world

45.  Express your gratitude to your family and loved ones

46.  Journal

47.  Work on tasks that will be annoying later if you don’t get a head start now (e.g. EPR’s, award packages)

48.  Clean your house

49.  Download a relaxation or resiliency app (see attachment)

50.  Do a random act of kindness

51.  Teach someone a skill over the phone

52.  Read the news

53.  Tackle home improvement projects

54.  Listen to your favorite tunes

55.  Enjoy looking through your old photos

Lastly, if you went through this list of 55 options and tried to find out why every single one wouldn’t work, then I’ll add #56: try out a fresh perspective. Our expectations influence our feelings, so if we think that nothing will help our boredom then it will be much more difficult to have fun. Be open to trying new things and work towards staying flexible when new challenges pop up. Remember that COVID-19 will eventually be over with, but new healthy habits that we build now can benefit us for a lifetime. 

• BeanieMBeanieM Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman
    edited December 2020

I think this isolation thing has more to do with the state of mind, because many people spend most of their time at work or at home. Basically, you start to miss something you were used to only when you can't do it or have it, which is a normal state of mind. Most of the things described in the list above I used to do before this whole coronavirus thing, but there are some worthful interesting things to do. I started practicing yoga and I've used this time to learn new things like the om symbol meaning I found reading an article from https://yogapractice.com/yoga/the-meaning-of-the-om-symbol/, and I would encourage anyone to practice yoga in these times. because it feeds both your mind and your body.