Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

On the clock: Jake Fromm still waiting entering 2020 NFL Draft fourth round

SystemSystem Posts: 7,418 admin
edited April 2020 in Article commenting

imageOn the clock: Jake Fromm still waiting entering 2020 NFL Draft fourth round

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm ranks as one of the Bulldogs' greatest at his position, but he was not selected in the first three rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After rewatching the TAMU game I have to completely believe the assessments given on Fromm. Also, it seems he was easier frazzled in the 2019 season than previous ones ( re watch the “rain games” from this past yr). I love the kid as a person and would be honored to have one of my boys handle themselves as he has on and off the field. I just don’t think he has what it takes to win in the nfl. Hope I’m wrong and I’ll gladly eat crow.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I totally agree, Fromm may end up being in the same situation as Aaron Murray. Great college QB, but was never able to make it in the NFL. Like you, I hope I'm wrong, and Fromm turns into another Tom Brady. Don't see that happening, but I'd be happy to be wrong..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, unfortunately I didnt believe the recent hype that he could sneak into a 1st or 2nd round. Don't forget also that this is a game between the teams and doesn't reflect his talent. He will get there but his path will be longer than he may have thought.

• Options
    gafanlivinginalgafanlivinginal Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think that both Swift and Fromm are suffering from the correct perception that Georgia's offense was terrible last year and I think the biggest share of the blame goes to their lousy offensive coordinator. I wonder if Fromm would have stayed if he had known Georgia would be getting a new one.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Perhaps Jake misinterpreted what God was telling him to do concerning his career. If he had come back to school and won a natty, he would have been hero worshipped the rest of his life and his draft stock could not have been any worse.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 348 ✭✭✭ Junior

every time the Raiders, Pats , Steelers or Bucs have a pick I am expecting to hear either Fromm or Eason's name to be called.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Jake will go fourth round...most had him picked there anyway. I believe the NFL teams are searching for those innate leadeship qualities Jake possesses but also for other traits he may not address so easily...durability, mobility and arm strength. He clearly under threw his receiver in the Baylor game for an easy 6 pts. His quick release may have hurt him with that throw as well. The NFL is a major jump in physicality. Just musing. I do like Jake...do not misread. He has a proven record of winning with UGA. He got us through some tough tilts. The NFL is a different "beast." Millions of dollars are on the line with these teams. I do wish him well in the NFL!

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I would like to know where those "helping" Jake told him he could expect to be drafted. Seems like he got some bad advice or just didn't want to go through the grind another year. I cannot believe he truly expected to go 4th round or lower. Now in hindsight coming back looks like the better plan. It can of course still work out all he needs is a shot and when given it, take advantage of it. If he would have came back, put up better numbers, maybe win something big, no way he falls as low IMHO. Gonna cost him some serious dough.

• Options
    GeorgiaGirlGeorgiaGirl Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2020

Word around the block is that he knew. I think it comes down to he did not want to have a 3rd OC in 3 years but there are several different conspiracy theories floating around too.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ya know... I wonder if Fromm leaving early was a mutual decision? Now don't get me wrong, as a fan I absolutely loved Fromm. If it was my call he's our starter next year, period.

But... I'm a fan, not a coach. Kirby is going to play the best player. What if he wanted a change at QB, but didn't want to go through the embarrassment and PR nightmare of benching a 3 year starter his senior season? Am I way off base in thinking this is a possibility? Youngsters often times overtake a more senior player at positions if their better. But this is rarely seen with QB's.