Home DawgNation 5-star Chef Zone
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Whatcha Drinking?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Dakota_NesterDakota_Nester Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    orlandoorlando Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A hairy navel is a good summertime drink. And like some of the others mentioned be careful, they’ll sneak up on ya and bam !

• Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hot weather is perfect for sour. It's time to make a batch of limoncello. Otherwise its gin and tonic or margaritas for me.

• Options
    TuckyDawgTuckyDawg Posts: 938 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Two fingers of Blantons on the rocks.

• Options
    Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kasey no hate in the diet, back in my party days I mixed diet to help with hangovers the next day

• Options
    GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@AnotherDawg @Boss_Dawg - given your excellent taste in Orin Swift and Dave Phinney wines, thought I'd share this invite that just landed in my mailbox. frankly I can't figure how enjoyable a virtual wine tasting on Instagram could be without the vino itself (informative, wallet-tugging, yes), nonetheless, if you join in, lemme know how it was - and how many bottles they got you for!

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

2015 Bourgogne Les Deux Terres from Thibault Liger-Belair

• Options
    GradyDawg85GradyDawg85 Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones - verrrrrry nice. I want a "so called cellar" like that full of forgotten surprises. Definitely let us know; hopefully the corks held!

• Options
    Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Since my senior year of HS I haven't really been much of a drinker. If I do drink, I prefer chilled v0dka. Grey Goose. Tito's ain't bad for the price.

During the WLOCP every year is the only time I drink beer and I'm weird b/c I only like PBR in the bottle. The can taste funny to me.

I love my "herbal" treats though.

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow. Just wow. What a treasure trove. I hope they've held up for you in storage. Can't wait to hear your report.

From the Dec. 31, 2005 issue of Wine Spectator magazine. Ranked the 38th best release of the year, worldwide. If memory serves, it really started to take off after receiving this recognition. (Note: only 4,500 cases made.)

• Options
    AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Had dinner at a friend's house tonight and he opened up a bottle of 2001 d'Arenberg "The Dead Arm" Shiraz, McLaren Vale (Australia). It was tasty.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

threw down some mickey golden lattes tonight and some farmer's tan cream ale

• Options

@DawgBones I recommend checking Cellartracker.com to review the drinking window on the 2003 vintage. You're probably within the window, but I wouldn't recommend holding onto these too much longer. BTW, very nice wine. Look forward to your review.

• Options
    DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Grazie Casa, yep I learned the unfortunate way that many wines no matter how careful you are with them, should just not be kept too long. Recently had to toss a 1985 second growth Margaux that was corked. No longer waiting for that special occasion to drink the good stuff. That first win over VA this year will deserve at least a Tofanelli or Gamba Zin.

• Options
    edited June 2020

Sorry to hear about the '85 Margaux. I had a Mouton Rothschild from that same vintage. If it's any consolation for you, '85 was not a great year for Bordeaux's.

I've had some great Gamba Zin's, particularly their single vineyards.

• Options
    SavageSavage Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LIQUOR.

lots & lots of alcohol with a couple limes

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

Voodoo Ranger Imperial IPA followed later by a "few" Tito's and OJ.