Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Finally.......things may be turning in the right direction

Comments

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Teams have not been dealing with it during the season when they are interacting (facemask to facemask) with other teams outside their bubble. As for their preparation scenarios--infectious diseases don't like to cooperate with our scenarios. Nor do worried parents and greedy lawyers.

I hope for everyone's sake the season happens. I guess I'm not looking forward to seeing what occurs if the season gets cancelled. I'm dealing with too many broken people and it is not pretty. 🙏

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Seems we both want the same thing and are on the same page.......

You are just really concerned with the what ifs....while I'm extremely excited about what can be.....

Just two different approaches.

If the season ultimately can't happen.......there will probably be disappointment but understanding.......canceling without trying.....well that just sucks.

• Options

The good news is that this infectious disease has very little effect on healthy young people.....VERY little. Keep them away from the vulnerable and all should be fine.

And the college teams are wearing the extra face mask protection for helmet to helmet concerns.

• Options
    WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 184 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

No worries Bank...I didn't even notice the DV...I'm sure there are a lot of those going around these days:)

Unfortunately, I agree with your comments here. I expect the reporting is going to continue to be one-sided, incomplete (cases vs disease), and thus misleading:(

The coferences that play...if any actually do...will be under a microscope and cases will be leaked/reported. And, like you say, the other conferences have no reason to report anything....except a benevolent opportunity to provide data to those making public health policy. Just not sure they have it in them....which harmonizes with ur comments on the next page from ur doctor friend. Very frustrating:(

• Options

Just so long as we don’t jump off a cliff and expect God to save us when we should know better. That’s testing God.😉

• Options

Pray hard......worry less....and accept the outcome.

It's gonna work out Jay......they're gonna play.

• Options
    edited August 2020
  • Options

Wow....you might struggle a little with staying positive ......or I guess you're just being "reslistic"

• Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Pope and Moroni are all in. Jesus isn't fully committed to playing football.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    PhineasGagePhineasGage Posts: 589 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like it's time for someone to do a little wiki reading about The Pope.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FWIW, I just got back from a vacation to Lake Tahoe. This represents the second flight I've taken during the pandemic. We'll see how I feel in a week or so.

This discussion has been closed.