Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Otis Reese calls out Kirby Smart, says that Georgia is opposing his transfer appeal to Ole Miss

2»

Comments

• JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

So for those saying "no other players experienced this", several retweeted his tweet and Kearis Jackson seems to be confirming it, at least the interaction with the police. Kirby needs to get way out in front of this right now.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bet if he was a starter at UGA he wouldn't be saying such things.

• NickbulldawgNickbulldawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems like the transfer portal has now become an excuse for a player to drum up unprovable accusations against their former team/teammates/coaches in order to obtain immediate eligibility. I hope someone can back up these claims Otis is making.

• randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm sure he's heard racial slurs at UGA (just like he would most anywhere else sadly) and I'm sympathetic to that.....but my take on this whole thing is that he's trying to leverage this into immediate eligibility just like Justin Fields. It's now become a strategy for many of these kids when they don't get what they want (thanks to immoral attorneys representing them). I doubt UGA is holding up his case...the kid is looking for someone to blame. So Otis blame the incompetent NCAA and stop the bad mouthing of one of the best schools in the country giving you a free scholarship and a chance to make it big in the NFL....you couldn't cut it at UGA and that's your issue not UGA's. This is not a good look for recruiting!

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I def wouldn't go to any school in Mississippi but hell but i can understand him leaving if he had to deal with students being racist bc its there at uga. They just shut down a frat bc of racism. Maybe he did tell the coaches but since Kirby only lets minimal info out the program we'll never know. We did have a racist playing qb for 3 yrs. Jake Fromm sry ass

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,756 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

So, other than a policeman, whose going to say something racial to Otis Reese? Just sayin. Just a case of "it worked for Justin." Does he really believe Mississippi doesn't have racists? The race card trumps everything today , sadly. If you deny allegations, just proves you're a racist. So, they say.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The only thing I'd like to add, well two things, is none of us knows the truth. For all we know, Otis Reese's complaints are spot on, and the fact that he didn't bring them up earlier doesn't mean that they are not true. And if true, they need to be investigated. But the other thing, and someone else mentioned this, is that several of the Black players STILL at UGA retweeted his post, thus amplifying it. And so I wonder if they did so to just say, "hey, we support our boy getting the chance to play right away," or are they saying they agree with the claims he's made, INCLUDING that CKS did or is giving him a raw deal? That would be good to know. I'm almost sure that Kirby has addressed this with those players, or perhaps the entire team, because underlying stuff like this will divide and destroy a team far quicker than any COVID diagnosis.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

When you don't have proof of a so called injustice, you yell racism. If he had left UGA for almost anywhere in the nation, but Ole Miss I would have thought he really had a case. I don't know if the state is still as bad as the movie portrayed it in "Mississippi Burning", but the school still has a Rebel mascot..