Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football at Arkansas: Live blog, scoring, injuries

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A sense of urgency at any time from here on would be welcomed!

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2020

At this point, can we just pile in the bus/plane and go back to Athens? I think we need more practice time...

Announcer says "reminiscient of a middle school football game"

I'd have to agree.

2nd half brings a completely different swagger, energy, and QB!! Running game opens up, self-inflicted penalties disappear, and Bennett saves the day! Nice halftime adjustments...still got work to do before next week but a great comeback.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    NashDawgNashDawg Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ Junior

It looks like this is UGAs first time putting pads on. Haven’t seen a Kirby team play this bad since he arrived in Athens

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

2 qrts left, and we will have the answers or reality, go dawgs

• Options
  • Options
    JimmyBobJimmyBob Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

All the complaints on rbs, but this looks a lot like last year being unable to run between the tackles...pretty much same guys blocking up the middle. Looks like Trey Hill has been benched.

Bennet May be able to get the win here, but we all know the schedule after this. He isn’t a solution

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This first drive of the 2nd half, is going to be important.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA far worse than any one imagined.......coaching......QB.....name anything. They may give Smart a pass this year....but no more. Pittman making Smart look like Smart worked for him! Has to be a rebuilding year from the basement up I am afraid. I am tired of having to sweat games we should win easily. All this talent.....??? This one is on Smart. Could he not see Mathis is a choker? Ark. is not even that great!

Fromm, I am sorry for every disparaging word I ever said about you. Bennett has to step in...OMG. White is benched.

UGA needs to go back to its old style of run, run,run and hope, hope, hope it works.

I think this will really hurt recruiting. Hope we can hold on to Brock Vandagriff after he sees this. I am venting badly.....cannot believe what I am witnessing.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Absolutely pathetic showing in the 1st half by the Dawgs. This is inexcusable!

GO DAWGS!

• Options

Put Dwan in, lets go, make them tackle him or give up the pass.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

I've always thought Smart won on talent (recruiting) rather than coaching so I'm with you on that criticism. But calling a QB playing his first game a choker is bush league. Your comments are usually a lot more rationale and fair than this.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Don't even know what to say. This is an absolute embarrassment. Penalties, TO's, and unable to run the ball. Everyone realizes that Ark may not even win a game, but taking it to Ga.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How in the world do you overlook Arkansas when you are as bad as what I’m witnessing. No discipline with all the penalties, don’t know if our rb’s are that bad Or our o-line that pathetic. Turn it up Georgia.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I’m sorry Stetson, most of us Dawg fans overlooked you in this process.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

jackbmatt ..I said I was venting. Just shocked to see D'Wan act the way he did. Yeah, you are right. I lost my cool. But I am not all wrong. My question is ..is it lack of practice? I say coaching. This pretty much destroys the season..unless UGA can somehow flow more as a team...who does that?...the head coach. This team does not look even like a UGA team after 2019. They weren't this bad in their loss against SC. The offense...what offense? Non existent. I predicted Zeus big numbers off the hype....I was wrong, UGA has to rebuild from the ground up on offense. I don't want to call out people...just know who you are. New coaching,...new players...bad outing. I found myself wishing for Jake Fromm. UGA looks like raw recruits on offense. You can give me a negative all you guys want...but UGA will not beat Auburn or FL...don't even mention Bama. Not unless you can SYNC as a unit with CONFIDENCE! Coaches instill this!!! Right now....as it appears...UGA will not win the SEC East....not close. That bad.

This is serious. Much more practice is needed. Inspired play. Ark came to play. Over and out.

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior

I actually completely agree with all of that! And I was doing a bit of venting myself...just managed to stay away from the keyboard :)

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not agreeing with putting Mathis back in. Bennett’s reps have been limited enough with the 1’s. I understand trying to restore mathis’s Confidence but he has the worst feet of any q.b I’ve seen in a while. We could have used the second half of this 4th qtr to get Stetson in a better rhythm.