Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Sunshine Pumper Challenge!

Comments

• Options
    dawg_fan_66dawg_fan_66 Posts: 97 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA points: 31

Auburn points: 17

UGA TO: 2

Auburn TO: 2

UGA sacks: 4

UGA penalties: 7

QBs with 1st half pass: 1

Apologies if I matched anyone, it was not intentional.

• Options
    TMazz2009TMazz2009 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA 27

AUBURN 13

UGA TO 1

AUBURN TO 2

UGA SACKS 4

UGA penalties 8

QBs with pass 2

• Options
    Boss_DawgBoss_Dawg Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

UGA Points: 27

Auburn Points: 17

UGA Turnovers: 1

Auburn Turnovers: 2

UGA Sacks: 4

UGA Penalties: 7

QBs with a pass before halftime: 2

• Options
    Old_lady_dawg_fanOld_lady_dawg_fan Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA Points: 24

Auburn Points: 10

UGA Turnovers: 2

Auburn Turnovers: 2

UGA Sacks: 3

UGA Penalties: 6

• Options
    Kdubb0211Kdubb0211 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the thing to remember with this “challenge” is to pick based on expectations not a prediction.

UGA pts:34

AU Pts:17

UGA TO:2

AU TO:3

UGA Sacks:4

UGA Penalties:8

QBs with pass before half:2

• Options
    ChicagoDawgChicagoDawg Posts: 438 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn Points: 13

Auburn Turnovers: 3

UGA Penalties: 5

QBs with a pass before halftime: 3

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Chi-dawg - what scenario do you see leading to a 3rd QB playing/passing?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,741 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks to @UgaXforPresident for this. It looks like it might be fun and/or embarrassing.

My predictions are:

UGA Points: 34

Auburn Points: 16

UGA Sacks: 2

UGA Penalties: 8

UGA QBs with a pass before halftime: 2

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    DawgGirl96DawgGirl96 Posts: 359 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA Pts: 27

AU Pts: 14

AU Turnovers: 1

UGA Sacks: 3.5

UGA Penalties: 6

QB w/pass bf half: 2

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA points: 34

au points: 17

UGA turnovers-2

AU turnovers-2

UGA Sacks-3

UGA penalties-7

QBs with a pass before halftime-2

• Options
    mw006imw006i Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Auburn Points: 9

UGA Sacks: 4

UGA Penalties: 7

• Options
    edited October 2020

I took this as how many QB's for both teams. I am thinking Nix, Stetson starts, but sometime before half we see JT or we see Mathis as a change of pace for a series, or given that the DL's are a lot stronger than the OL's in passing situations on both sides, well, you know where I am going with that...

• Options
    UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

Sorry @ChicagoDawg , I thought that one was clear but obviously it was not. I meant Georgia QBs to throw a pass, which is how my guess ended up being 1. I will make sure to calculate based on your stated intent. If anyone else needs theirs changed because of misinterpretation, let me know.

Regarding scoring this, here is what I am thinking. A positive score means you are pumping that sweet sweet sunshine. A negative score meaning you are a gloomy gus. A zero means we need to shut up and listen to you more often.

Guess scores within a field goal=0 points. Guess UGA score too high by 4-7=+3 points. Guess UGA score too high by 8-14=+5 points. Guess UGA score too high by 15 or more=+10 points. Scores for guessing too low will have the same ranges, but will result in negative points.

Guessing Auburn score will work in the exact same way as with UGA points, just with scores flipped (i.e. guessing Auburn's score too high will give you negative points).

Turnovers will be +2 or -2 for each turnover you are off by. The + or - will depends on whether it was UGA or Auburn and whether you guessed too high or too low. Sacks and penalties will work the same as turnovers, but just +1 or -1. By the way, a "UGA Turnover" is the same as it is in the box score, meaning any time UGA turns the ball over to Auburn. If you need to modify your numbers because of a misunderstanding and have not already clarified it, feel free to do so.

QBs who throw a pass before half will be 5 points per QB that your guess was off.

I'm really happy with the participation so far, looking forward to seeing how it plays out!

• Options
    edited October 2020

If it is easier, I can just go with 2 now that I understand you intent. I guess I should have paid more attention to how you filled out your form. Being detail oriented was never my strong suit.

• Options
    christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 14,293 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

My predictions are:

UGA Points: 23

Auburn Points: 13

UGA Turnovers: 2

UGA Penalties: 5

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No offense, but your scoring system seems more complicated than the scoring in international gymnastics and about as complicated as explaining CKS defenses. But then, I was always a half-step slow.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FYI I think turn overs need to be clarified as for or against

• Options
    UgaXforPresidentUgaXforPresident Posts: 275 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawgsince76 , a "UGA Turnover" is when UGA has the ball, the loses it to Auburn.

• Options
    Dawgsince76Dawgsince76 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok flip mine to 3 for them and 1 for us