Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

LIVE BLOG Georgia football vs. Tennessee: News, injuries, scoring

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Horse tackle on McIntosh not called.. Officiating needs consistency

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

2 quarters will decide what we are.

• Options

ANOTHER 4th and 2 foot failed conversion! Rather have 3 points than ZERO on 4th&1.. RB's have shown they can't produce in short yardage..take the points!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

UGA 1st half "stuff" as usual. Need to buck it up in second half or ....? What happened to pass defense? TN really up for this one,...just as A&M was for FL. UGA defense needs to live up to its hype...21 pts on them already. Unbelievable. Coaching in question also. My brother just texted and agreed on coaches mistakes. UGA has got to win this to face Bama with any credibility. TN has other ideas....obviously. This one is on Smart. Should probably take Bennett out.

• Options

And another very costly penalty by Pickens..hope Kirby has a Stiff wake up call for the DAWGS at halftime

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2020

2nd half and overall game observations...

Defense is stellar!!

Stetson played gutsy, made some good throws, but still made some dangerous throws. And can he throw a back-shoulder sideline route? Not sure Bama will give us the middle next week.

Freshman RB Milton was impressive...

Offensive line played better in the 2nd half but still needs to play better.

Placekicker looks like a legit replacement for Rod...

Bring on Bama! GO DAWGS!!

1st half observations...

Dawg's mistakes give TN 14 easy points...

Kirby makes BIG mistake going for the 4th down deep in our own territory...failed to score on a 2nd 4th down on the goal line. Pitiful.

Stetson looking pretty good but several dangerous throws into double coverage that easily could have been intercepted. He's making me nervous with so many throws across the middle.

Pickens needs to GROW up and should be benched for the rest of this game.

Running game doing ok but sputtering...

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2020

Less talent by the recruitment info Dawgnation posted, and winning. So, tell me why these recruits should come to Ga? Pruitt must be a better coach. Ga is just failing. This may be the last year for Ga. Tenn will over take them next year, if not beat them this year. Just disgusting. Ga may come back and win, but it's going to hurt them going forward.

They are letting JG just pick them apart. They can't tackle him.

There is no excuse for this, with this much more talent. Living only 20 minutes from UT campus, they have no fear of Ga. I heard about it all week.

And getting stuffed at the goal line just adds to the confidence of UT.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

14 on the defense. And, take Bennett out? Why? He wasn’t in coverage on the two TN TDs and he is moving the offense.

• Options
    andyrogandyrog Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Pickens needs to be sent to the locker room for the rest of the game.

• Options
    edited October 2020

Did you read that right? 44 plays for Ga, and 24 for Tn? And losing. WOW. I hope this 3rd qtr is not like the last game.

They have to score a td on this turnover. I think it's time for a qb switch.

Held to a fg, after gaining 2 yards. Does Kirby think his team is good enough to just play around and still win with that defense? Not happening. UT will stop turning the ball over, and start driving again.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Our offensive line is getting smacked around. If this was an MMA fight, Big Ben would have lost on a ref stoppage TKO.

• Options
  • Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To try n get a spark do ya try Daniels? Completely hypothetical question

• Options
    edited October 2020

They can't even drive the ball from the red zone, how are they goingto go 88 yards now that UT 's defense is pumped and playing lights out now. Neither team may score, and if this is the final, GA FAILED.

Is the Fromm offense back? 3rd and 8 and run a draw?

I know people think the 1st td was a fluke, but still counts. 4th and inches from around your own 40, and then give up a td.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just so I’m straight on this....Chaney is their OC? That last series with 3 straight hb dives looks like he’s calling for us!

• Options

Defense is going to have to win it for us if our O-Line don't pick it up.

• Options

Now let's see if Kirby goes into "not to lose mood".

• Options

Finally, a 2 possession game.. No time to relax though, still a fight for 15 minutes

• Options

Agreed. I think McIntosh would be a good option at rb, or even Milton. Love Zeus, but today is just not his day. They are dominating the rushing yards, 29 yards were lost on the bad snap. They have to keep pressuring JG.

• Options
    edited October 2020

An NFL arm makes that a td throw.

I know it's basically over, but I hate when defenses give up garbage yardage. TN had NOTHING in the 2nd half, and now their stats are going to look better.

I will say 1 thing about this offense. THE PLAYERS LOVE BENNETT, IF J.T. STARTS HE BETTER ABSOLUTELY WIN THE JOB. I think they do even more than Fromm, Bennett will sacrifice himself to get a 1st down or td.