Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Kirby Smart clears up Georgia QB situation before Florida, selection of Stetson Bennett

13»

Comments

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

OK, officially over it: Kirby Smart does not know what he's doing. Talk to Pac-12 coaches about Daniels. This kid started when he was, I think, 17 years old. And was ripping it up year 2 before he was hurt. And we - supposedly - made a pitch to the kid to come here - he had a LOT of options. So, whatever's going on with this "medical" is-he-ready thing is horse manure. The doctors decide that, not Kirby. The kid is cleared to play. He's far less "banged up" as Kirby likes to say, than most of the UGA defense. So hey, coach, how about manning up for a change and telling people **** is going on? You're an employee. You don't pay for the scholarships, room and board, and all the rest. The supporters of the program do - and have done so for a long time. You owe them more than a "don't ask, I'm the boss" answer to questions. But more so, on the field. Get it done or go get a D coach position where you're in your comfort zone.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Makes you wonder now about the Wake Forrest transfer leaving now. Did CKS and staff really see Dwan Mathis as their best option over a 5th year senior with big game experience and production? That was the rumor at camp was that Dwan "looked" better. Heck if I were him I would opt out to if that's how you do business. It gets back to my point I made earlier about game film matters more than a a scrimmage. Some people kill it in scrimmage and come game time they drop every pass or quit on a route, I won't mention names but we know who I refer to.

Some hitters knock the cover off the ball in batting practice and they strike out in the game.

After this season forget any 5 th year guy transferring here and being told now he has to beat out everyone else in scrimmages. "But what about my record, my game film and experience?" CKS-"You've got to earn it. or at least "look better."'

• BigFanBigFan Posts: 154 ✭✭✭ Junior

"You have complete autonomy, except for picking the QB." Great.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Should we even have hope Saturday?