Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Early bars and memories from your time in the Classic City

13»

Comments

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Those games at Sanford were unbelievable. I was there for the gold medal match, Argentina vs Nigeria, and the atmosphere was unlike anything I've ever experienced at a sporting event.

• njdawg81njdawg81 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

Back to OMalley's - there was a bar tender there that taught me a trick with a drink coaster that I still do today. Of course he made a bet from it that I lost.

You take a coaster and place it on a flat surface (a bar works great) with part of the coaster hanging off the edge. Then with you hand stretched out below the coaster you strike it using the top of your fingers from underneath the part hanging off the bar. As the coaster rotates upwards you grab it between the bottom of you fingers and your thumb before it completes more than 1/2 of a revolution.

When you get really good, you can do two at a time, one with each hand.

Something like this (although this is above and beyond);

• PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Seems I remember TKs as being a pretty good place to go.....also......wasn't TK Hardy murdered? Anyway...

Also I remember when I was there that Prince played either the Georgia Theater or the 40 Watt...I believe it was the 40 Watt