Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia-Mississippi State LIVE UPDATES news, injuries, scoring

Comments

• Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

We need someone to coach us on stopping our passes from getting batted down and how to shotgun snap

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

i was hoping Luke would coach that O-line up this year but our run blocking is not good

• Options

This is actually a interesting game.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It is indeed embarrassing. How in the world does Mark Webb play as many snaps as he does? Does he run a 4.8 forty? Dude may look good in practice but he sucks on game day. He sucks on game day. He sucks on game day. I hope he gets a good degree because he will NEVER be picked up by an NFL team.

Miss. State has 50, that's five Zero scholarship players.

Also, Daniels needs to learn to throw the ball away; nonetheless, he is significantly better than both Mathis and Bennett.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Make that 48 players. That's it. So if this offense moves the ball and scores, who really cares? Miss St only has 26 defensive players.

But when you rush the ball (your bread and butter) for a measly 4 yards in the 1st half, that is just sad. Take away the sack losses, still only around 20 or so.

3 more batted balls, really? Can anyone throw OVER the line of scrimmage? I will say this, JT DOES have a very nice touch on the deep ball.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2020

1st half observations...

Daniels pretty impressive but definitely appears to lack mobility. I'm not sure if that's his normal game or not, but he needs to move out of the pocket before it collapses. He may just be hesitant to run and test his knee. Dunno. Mississippi State is the 3rd team this season after Bama and FL that is shredding our secondary. Where is our run game? I think we have net 7 yards rushing. Looking for halftime adjustments on both sides of the ball. State playing hard with a seriously depleted roster.

• Options
    PythonPython Posts: 157 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's talk about the offernse......I've give the dude some slack here with the blocked passes.....It will take some time to shake off the rust.......what concerns me is that we cannot run the ball.....Not even close...we are getting beat on the line of scrimmage...big time........I do like the fire that Pickens is trying to give us.....maybe he can be our team leader......god knows we need one

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

How does the defense rush 3 and have Webb man o man? Kirby is not a good developer of talent and Dan Lanning seems to be in over his head as DC.

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

It’s a crazy year with COVID...but our lack of physicality this year on the lines of scrimmage REALLY concerns me. I don’t understand how a team this bad outplays us. Thank the Lord JT can sling it because our run game has gone bye bye. I dare say this because I love Kirby..but something not good seems to be going on with this program. Am i overreacting?

• Options
    rxmasterrxmaster Posts: 124 ✭✭✭ Junior

Over the last 4 years, we have 2 #1s, a #2, and a #3 ranked recruiting class. The product on the field tonight is the sum of that. The issue is not the players, it is coaching. It is complacency and "best defense in the nation" comments based on beating up on overwhelmed Eastern opponents, only to get boat raced by the LSU, Alabama, and now Florida's of the world. We have had so many botched coaching decisions over the past few years all leading up to this tragedy of coaching failure.

The batted passes btw? It's on the O-line this game...the players batting them down have only been around a yard away...these aren't Stetson Bennett style batdowns where he is almost hitting them in their helmets....Daniels is not going to be able to get height on his pass that quick unless he moonshots them.

• Options

Miss State is going to stay committed to stopping the run.

• Options
    BigTenEatsFartsBigTenEatsFarts Posts: 147 ✭✭✭ Junior

Wow! I honestly cannot believe what I’m seeing. The last time I actually had confidence when the ball was thrown deep and in the air was the Aaron Murray years. Hutson mason couldn't throw it 30 yards, Eason had a rocket but overthrew wide open dudes all day, Fromm let it hang up there but wow! JT has not disappointed thus far. Dude had to have been hurt if he’s been on the bench this long.

• Options

Our D is pathetic!!!!! How can our secondary be this bad? Stop playing zone and try man. This is ridiculous!

• Options
    DawggolferDawggolfer Posts: 49 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2020

At the beginning of the season, I thought we would have one of the best defenses in the country. My bad. And can someone tell me why the team known as "RBU" has 6 yards rushing at the end of the third quarter?

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2020

They play prevent until Miss St gets into the red zone, and then attacks? Why not just do onside kicks and not let them get so many plays?

That pile movement at the goal line, is due to a tired defense. PERIOD.

The broadcasters act like nobody thought this would be like this in the 3rd qtr.... Sorry, I called it before, when I realized they couldn't defend the pass.

Their qb has thrown the ball 35 times already and only has 6 incompletions. Also they have a 10 minute time of possession advantage.

Still can't run the ball, GA will have to score with every possession, or they may lose. Not so sure, they can stop Miss St anymore. White is running the ball like he did vs Tenn., badly.

Why throw a bomb on 3rd and 11? How about just throwing 12 yards for a 1st down. Now a punt.

Think about this, GA did what you would want your team to do, score last in the 1st half, get the ball first in the 2nd half, and score again. BUT THEY ARE STILL TIED. SMH

• Options

The defense has to stand up, also why in key moments our punter always shanks it.

• Options

How can we not run the ball against this team? Other teams have run the ball all over them. And I’m just tired of our supposed great D...hurts to watch them.

• Options

You can't run because State is committed to it, if we win jt will have to pass it

• Options

Every team is going to force us to best them with the pass