Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia AD Greg McGarity 'angry' about cancellation, fears Vanderbilt won't make up game

2»

Comments

• HunkerDawgHunkerDawg Posts: 76 ✭✭✭ Junior

So if you are getting low on players because you have a bunch of quitters, and then a few get COVID, you have an excuse to not play a game.

If teams quit, they don't belong in the SEC. If players quit, they didn't belong on a team in the first place.

• JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

Time to cut Vandy loose from the SEC. They obviously don’t have the commitment (or budget) to play big time college football. At one time we could overlook it because of the perception that the conference needed them to boost their academic bona fides. No longer. They are now a drag on the conference. I suggest a swap with the ACC, Vandy for UNC Chapel Hill. The Tar Heels are at least trying to field a football team and their BBall program would be a good addition to the league. Also as a big state school they would fit right in with the other members of the conference. Vandy needs to go. If not UNC, I am sure they can find another suitable replacement that will at least try. Besides, we don’t need two Tenn schools in the conference. Kick Vanderbilt Out of the SEC!

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Why don't they just forfeit the game? Vandy has had 17 seasons where they didn't win a single game against a SEC opponent. Why are they here? If they want to throw in the towel, make it a forfeiture!!!

• DawgByteDawgByte Posts: 416 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think Vandy backing out has less to do with Covid and a whole lot more to do with the dumpster fire going on in their locker room. I'm all for Greg Sankey finding a permanent replacement for Vanderbilt. They do not belong in the SEC.

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Why didn't McGarity get angry every time Auburn wanted to change its schedule solely to benefit Auburn? I'm actually surprised to hear he's still working, if he is in fact still working. If we kick Vanderbilt out of the SEC, then other SEC teams lose an automatic Homecoming opponent, and Vandy's average SAT scores are useful to prop up the Auburn and Arkansas numbers.

• IowadawgfanIowadawgfan Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

It sucks for the players . There taking this covid serious and yet they can’t play because it seems other teams are not .. I mean really if you have multiple rescheduling and other teams have had no problems , shouldn’t there at least at bare minimum have some sort of responsibility .. maybe that team should have to pay for the parents trips .. buses fuel stuff like that .. just a thought .. who nows maybe it’s just really bad luck .. we will never no