Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football instant observations following epic Peach Bowl win over Cincinnati

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,636 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Did I miss something when their QB ran out of bounds and the clock kept running? I saw it happen twice unless I'm delusional. And I may be.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

How Bout Them Dawgs. A win is a win, either by 50 or 3. For all you that wanted Kirby to go for it when there was 3 minutes left in the game, Kirby showed why he is the HC and not you.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

In terms of JT, I think you have to keep it in perspective.

He proved that he's not ready to be drafted as a first rounder THIS year. Still has to work on some items in the offseason. He should've thrown away some balls (including one of them that was fumbled), he made a couple of questionable throws and the one pass I DID see him throw away seemed like maybe he could've gotten a pass off.

BUT, despite those items, it's very, very clear that he has the skills to match the hype and will be one of the top Heisman candidates for 2021 season. He is lightyears better than Eason was at any point of being with us and a much higher upside than Fromm ever did.

As long as he doesn't do something **** like declare for the draft, it should be very impressive with him and then Vandagriff working hard to get a shot.

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Maybe you missed it. Ga was playing without 2 starting O-lineman, and every lineman was playing at a new position. They had just failed to convert on a short 3rd down, and the run game wasn't working. Meanwhile the defense was dominating. The strategy worked. Ga won.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,870 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

No, that's called not believing your QB can complete a short pass or your running game can make 3 yards. I still disagree. I am certainly glad we won, but we won by the slimmest of margins thanks to our defense and Podlesny. Heck, Podlesny had to break his own FG record and make a 53 yarder to win the game. Kirby has made some bonehead 4th down calls before, and we all know it. He was lucky. Period.

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree with Kirby not going for it on 4th down with 3 minutes on the clock but I do disagree with them having to end up using a timeout to get the punt off. However, in the end he played it just right taking the lead on a 53 yarder with 3 seconds left.

I still wonder if JT is having issues with that knee. Under threw to many deep balls and had a significant limp late in the game. I certainly don’t think his performance today will catapult him to a first round prospect. I think JT knows he needs another year on 2 fronts, healing and seasoning. He’s not had that many college reps.

• Options
    Bigjohnson92Bigjohnson92 Posts: 564 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You are 100% correct. We were extremely lucky to win. All these Kirby slurpers know we were lucky as well. If we had lost, which we did, everywhere, except the final score (luckily), they’d have started with the no offseason, COVID, new coordinator, opt out , etc excuses. EVERY team had the same issues this year. We were out coached and out prepared once again. Cincy had us dead to rights. Excuses are for losers.

• Options
    WoodstockDawgWoodstockDawg Posts: 253 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'll take a 391 yd 71% completion bad game over what we previously had. Yes plenty of mistakes, but we had a revamped Oline with little practice to gel. We will be fine. We played a hyped Cincy team and officials that did everything to help them win. When we needed JT he delivered and Pod is AWESOME!

How long till fall?

• Options
    busterchapbusterchap Posts: 80 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited January 2021

Can we just burn those d**n black jerseys and avoid any future gimmicks!