Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football 2021 player updates: NFL draft announcements, returnees and transfer portal

Comments

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hope JT stays !! Hope Big Jordan Davis stays. Several others. Wish the very best to those that go not only in the NFL but life in general. Go Dawgs !!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The video of Davis is a little mysterious, could go either way. At face value, it could be interpreted as a player looking forward to how he and his teammates are going to do next season, using "we" in the most literal sense. The emotion, though. He seems wistful, like he's experiencing some bitter-sweetness. It could mean he's glad to have left his team in a good position as he moves on.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

Best of luck to you Mr. Landers!

J. Johnson and possibly Tongue are the only two transfer portal entries that hurt. Landers, Netori, Mathis and Blount free-up some needed scholarships! Win-win.

• Options
    SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I understand that Landers was going to enter the portal yesterday, but he dropped the pen.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 359 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Two names I'm waiting on...Jordan Davis and Arik Gilbert.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I could up vote this quote 100x I would. I can’t stop laughing

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Come on back next season Jordan and help us get that elusive ring. MOve up to top tier in draft and PASS GO!!!!.

• Options
    SCDawgFanSCDawgFan Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

What is the status of Blaylock's recovery/rehab?

• Options
    Billy2131Billy2131 Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

You are going to have this year moving forward 20-35 players a year leave, go pro, graduate or transfer every year... That is an extra attrition rate more than likely around 10-15 players over a normal years attrition.

So, the portal is in essence a recruiting platform for all to see both in good ways to replenish positions that might need additional player head counts or in a very bad way as to players that might not have transferred and stayed see opportunities to enhance their snap counts at another program.

What does all this mean? Well the head coach and his staff are going to have to Re-Recruit almost every player on the roster during the season and after bowl or playoff games.

This pace of recruitment will not be sustainable and look for in the very near future....very defined time lines directed from the NCAA or a new CEO of college football that are much more defined and streamlined . It's needed as this current system will be riff with recruitment cheating the likes we've never seen before!

• Options

Connor strikes again. If you are going to cut and paste into a previous article, you may want to take a couple minutes to make sure the new information doesn't conflict with the old/original. Apparently we have two Tyson Campbells on the team. One that still has a decision to make and another that is headed to the NFL.

• Options

It appears Adam Anderson is now the next most important player that we need to remain after the mass exodus from the LB room. What in the world was Jermaine Johnson thinking by leaving?!

I see no way White enters the draft. If he returns, I hope CKS and Monken are truly able to discern which RB gives us the best chance for a first down on every play and give touches accordingly, not based on star rating or tenure. I sometimes feel CKS can be too loyal to players with more experience.

• Options
    robinsdawgrobinsdawg Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sorry to see Webb go, but ecstatic to see Davis stay. If we can stay healthy, get strong leadership from Cine in the D backfield, o line gels, our path to the SECCG is wide open. As far as Clemson, what's the word on their receivers going or staying? Looking forward to Charlotte.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

And what makes it even worse, is BOTH of our Azeez's are leaving? Can just 1 of them stay? 😂

• Options

I hope Zeus can increase his speed a little and become a true break- away back. He seems to have lost a little speed after his surgeries. Maybe he can regain it in the off season, not work on heavy lifting as much as speed and agility. He just seems to lack that little something extra.

Kenny has a lot of upside to me. He proved in the Peach Bowl he's a trustworthy pass catcher. he seems to almost break one each game but someone get's a shoestring tackle on him. He (for whatever reason) seems to have to dodge the most defenders in the backfield than the others. Be nice to see him get a few seams to run through.

Edwards is a tackling nightmare with maybe the best grinding out a run for the buck, but seems to lack a little speed.

Cook is probably better as a receiver and end-runs as he seems fairly easy to bring down if you get your hands on him.

Milton is a beast in size and combination of everything you need. Not sure if he has developed the vision he needs yet to make the cutbacks. That should come with time. But what a specimen.

Heard on 92.9 the game that Tank Bigsby could be looking to transfer to UGA. Just the messenger.

• Options

Kearis Jackson has said he is coming back!!

• Options

Welcome back MR. Jackson!! Work to be done. I think the guys can smell something brewing!

• Options

so while the Kearis Jackson announcement was put at the top of the article finally, at the bottom he is still listed as waiting to make a decision. Why can't this all be updated at the same time?

• Options
    LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

So glad Davis is returning, wyatt also. We relly dont need white back, but he should return for his draft status, but then again would it get any better for him, especially with reduced carries next season? Prolly not, he should go now.

CKS basically has the best of both worlds for this defense next year, got too keep the best Dlinemen and still add alot of young talent also!

I think Lecount shoulda returned and I wish JJohnson woulda stayed also. I think him leaving shows that Adam Anderson is next up to fill Ojulari's pass rushing for the defense or he woulda stayed I think. I heard he left cuz of his dad, which was really dumb even if AA is up next they always have 2 or 3 rotate. JJ and AA woulda dominated together in 2021!

Here is my wish list

Perfect world- retunees- JDavis, Dwyatt, Mherring, Aojulari, , Mrice, Estokes, Rlecounte, ty cambell, JJohnson, JT daniels, kearis , trey hill,

leave for NFL or transfer- white,cook,shaffer, mckitty , cleveland, djdaniels, mcbride,webb njohnson, dmathis, mtongue, landers, camarda, rochester,drob, qwalker

If it woulda played out this way.....OMG it coulda been **** for everybody UGA played next year!! lol Just look at the first 9 names of my wishful returnees, all from defense! 7 returning starters from defense, with a 1st team all sec player or 2 at each level of the defense- dline, LB's, and the secondary.

Hey, it's my **** dream like it or leave it. No matter what, I'll still keep on wishing for stuff that prolly wont happen, but dammit I know I will still continue to wish for some more shyt, just in case I have one come true!! lol

GO DAWGS!!!