Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia DC Dan Lanning turns down Texas position, staying with Bulldogs

2»

Comments

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Lanning is doing just fine, and he'll be the first to say so. Earns 7 figures at age 34, lives in one of the most livable (beautiful, fun, inexpensive) towns in the country, and has the best tools (people and accommodations) in the business with which to do his business. A few more years of comparable success, and he'll be able to write his own ticket. Yes, Lanning's using both his head and his heart, and in fact is likely pinching himself. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 861 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2021

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This is great news. And just imagine how many recruits are happy to hear that coach Lanning is staying. I know it's hard to do sometimes, but if a coach is worthy of being on your staff, you do whatever you can to keep him around. And coach Lanning is worthy! Sometimes, a golden opportunity arises somewhere else, and you can't blame a coach for leaving. But to me, this just wasn't one of those opportunities. Not taking the same position he has now. I could see him leaving to become the head coach there, or leaving for a crazy amount of money, though. Not for the same position. Coach Lanning is still young, that golden opportunity will come before too long.

This is Great News!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 514 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited January 2021

Good news. Dan’s stock should only rise. I don’t think his next move will be for a college coordinator position, it will be as a college head coach or maybe an NFL coordinator. I’m interested to see what Sark can establish at Texas. I’m not sure why Texas can’t get its groove back but Herman is a dang good Coach. Something ain’t quite right in Longhorn country. In a State full of high school talent, Oklahoma and A&M are out recruiting the Longhorns in Texas right now.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Great leadership that I expect from our coaches!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

If Florida's DC Todd Grantham is worth $1.8 million per year, then Lanning is worth at least $2.2 million per year, pay the man.