Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Atlanta Braves 2021 Season Thread

Comments

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I observed we led the series 3 games to 1 leading into tonight. The Astros do have disciplined hitters though. Many think they have the best 1 thru 7 lineup in the sport.

• Options

Tonight was a big missed opportunity. I'm not sure how you'd handicap the series now.

Boston was up 2 games to 1 in The ALCS on The Astros and had outscored them 26-12. The rest of the series The Astros went 3-0 and outscored the Sox 22-3.

I'm sure they are feeling pretty confident heading home for 6 and 7.

• Options
    DawgsofWarDawgsofWar Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agreed. Just like Frank Thomas said, once the Braves were up, they should have went for the killshot. I didn't want to go back to Houston, but now we have no choice and I'm trying to believe in the team, but the Astros are feeling good now. Dusty's going to keep that same lineup for the last two games.

• Options

I strongly disagree with your opinion that Snitker is ''a **** manager''. I do think something went a bit haywire last night in his thinking though. I think he made mistakes in almost randomly choosing the starters of both game 4 and game 5. He was quick to pull Lee in game 4 though, and he got a bit lucky in getting the 1st inning contained. I was very surprised he went with Davidson last night, I saw at least 4 pitchers who seemed to make more sense. What is impossible for me to understand and will in my opinion live in infamy with Braves fans if we lose the series is not pulling Davidson like he pulled Lee before too much damage was done. He gave away one of the teams''s 27 outs by letting Davidson bat in the 2nd, then sent him out to give up 2 more runs.

It might have just been The Astros' night, but once they overcame the Braves's early slam they gained confidence, and maybe not just for last night's game.

We're still -220 on a betting line, but to me it feels even odds for the series.

One thing Snitker did that might prove smarter than me is fullly rest both Fried and Anderson for games 6 and 7 if needed. Our pen will have the travel day to rest, maybe I've overreacted...GO BRAVES.

• Options

I may have been too harsh with Snit on the "**** manager' part. I whole heartedly agree with you that something did go haywire with choosing the starters for 4 and 5. We got lucky with game 4 and not so lucky with game 5.

I still would have much rather Fried come in once we got the 4-0 lead at the top of the second. That would have definitely been my kill shot. Yea you can say that that Fried and Anderson are both fully rested, but I just feel more comfortable with Fried pitching at home than away.

The bats need to be more consistent as well. Rosario needs to play like the NLCS MVP. Albies is absolutely lost at the plate and I think for him, it's too late to make an adjustment. Everybody else seems to be okay. Just need the consistency that Houston has.

• Options
    edited November 2021

Snitker quickly pulled Lee in game 4, he left Davidson in when it seemed obvious the best move was to pinch hit for him in the 2nd inning, big, big difference. Though I still don't understand why Snitker bipassed very capable and proven players for game 4, at least he saw what he needed to do and pulled Lee as soon as he got into trouble.

As far as hitting goes, we are what we are. What worries me is we're built like The Red Sox, we have a lot of guys who try to loft the ball with every swing. Houston figured out The Sox and held them to 3 runs in the final 3 games, winning all 3.

I think our pitching is going to have to be very good in Houston, if we try to swap runs with The Astros they'll have the advantage.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It takes one hit, even a blooper, to get his confidence back. Mo is a funny thing.

• Options

Fried is the listed starter tonight. Hopefully he'll have better results than he had in his last 2 starts.

Under an hour to first pitch.

• Options

If it goes to a 7th game The Astros will be very confident, let's end this tonight.

• Options
    philipsmith99philipsmith99 Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tonight s the night to get it done.

• Options
    edited November 2021

Agreed, let's get this thing rolling. Bob Lee Swagger has just enough time to polish off the last of the bad guys before first pitch.

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let’s plaaaay ball!

Go Braves!

• Options

Braves gotta stop with these 1-2-3 innings for the Asterisks.

• Options

HOW ARE YOU NOT CHALLENGING THAT

• Options

Did you all see the look on Fried’s face? He was pi$$ed!

I feel real warm and comfy all of a sudden!

Go Braves?

• Options

Awesome job, Fried. Snitker, do something for your team instead of waving off challenges.

• Options

Awesome 1-2-3 inning, Fried.

• Options