Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Atlanta Braves 2021 Season Thread

WebslingrWebslingr Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

An inauspicious start indeed...I know it's a long season, 162 games and all that. But...

0-4, and correct me if I'm wrong but didn't we lose 2 'Opening Day' walkoffs....without playing a double-header...not sure if that's ever happened before. And oh yeah, lost the All-Star Game too...all in the first week of the season. Yikes....the GA Sports Curse seems to be alive and well in 2021:(

p.s. Sorry bout the melancholy nature of this first-post of the Season thread...but kinda matches my mood right now.

p.s.s. I don't really believe in sports curses. I mean....I'm a rational man, a mathematician, and a proponent of the scientific-method in general. But man...this one tests my resolve on a yearly basis:)

p.s.s.s. Go Braves !!!

Comments

• Dawg94Dawg94 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I believe we will get the kinks worked out soon. Bats finally showed some life yesterday which has been my biggest concern so far in this young season. Il be in ATL to catch the game Monday night for my birthday so here's hoping we get some pop in atleast that game.

• TNDawg71TNDawg71 Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It may be difficult for the bullpen to recreate the success from last year. The starters should be better 1-5. Albies and Acuna can help improve the offense.

• HipdawgHipdawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Abies be needs to improve from left side. Why not try batting right all the time if you are not moving the needle. No excuse, but schedule has not done the braves any favors so far...

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 6,138 mod

I was surprised to not see Dansby in the 2 hole with him having a solid 2020 and looking like he was turning a corner at the plate.