Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Confident Clemson writer: Tigers 'far better than UGA at this point'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited April 2021 in Article commenting
imageConfident Clemson writer: Tigers 'far better than UGA at this point'

Clemson football has a lot of school spirit, and that is evidenced by a fan blogger who has already declared the Tigers significantly better than Georgia while taking a swipe at Kirby Smart

Read the full story here

Comments

• Dawgbreath40Dawgbreath40 Posts: 54 ✭ Freshman

In all honesty, is the Clemson blo-hard wrong when he states that Coach Smart has only brought his team to one CFP and his team is a pretender instead of a contender?

With top 3 recruiting classes every year our Dawgs can’t seem to make the playoff or even win the SEC, even when Alabama doesn’t win it all, so he sort of has a point, does he not?

As I stated during the second half of games against Alabama both in 2017 and 2018, this is what happens when you don’t win those games: and the doubt and chatter will continue until Coach Smart and his team proves otherwise.

It really is that simple.

I love our Dawgs and will never stop rooting for them, but until they win “the big game” or “the games that really matter”, someone will always be able to say what this Clemson beat writer said and you can’t argue with it.

• My_Dawg_RyanMy_Dawg_Ryan Posts: 379 ✭✭✭ Junior

I mean there is some truth behind these ridiculous predictions. Kirby has done less with more talent, what is the point of getting all these high recruiting classes and not being on the same level of a Clemson or Bama? Pretty soon recruits are going to look else where. So I do agree that they have better coaching.

After watching the Clemson spring game, I think our LB, RB, and TE are better. They might have a slight edge in WR with Pickens being out.

We will always be a pretender until we can beat the big teams in big games, it has plagued us since the Richt days. Everyone always cries that Bama gets all this attention and not UGA? Well, UGA needs to win a few NC before we can get the respect we want.

• E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"The Georgia receiving corps, even when fully healthy, does not measure up to what LSU and Alabama have displayed in the past two College Football Playoff Championship Games."

A fully healthy host of ball catchers would include Pickens (who was building a case as the best returning receiver in the country), Burton, Blaylock, Jackson, Smith, Washington and Cook. Even taking Pickens out of there, that's still impressive. Then there's Rosemy, Robinson, Robertson and Mitchell, who each have at least the potential to fill out the roster nicely. I'm probably forgetting one or two. Who knows if they'll follow in the recent footsteps of Bama and LSU, we'll have to wait and see. But I don't see how you can declare in April that they'll simply never be on that level.

• WCHWCH Posts: 474 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

What else would one expect from that Rock Rubbin', Dabo huggin' ex radio ham. The Dawgs are in the position to take it all this season. I expect the opening game with Georgia and Clemson to be one of the best season in 2021. GO DAWGS!!! I wonder how cocky Jeff will be after the opener?

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Bulletin board material!!

• BoydCrowderBoydCrowder Posts: 73 ✭✭✭ Junior

If "Clemson grande" is supposed to refer to how big a jerk he is, I'd say he's more of a "Clemson venti."

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well I guess UGA should just cancel the game now. What a blow hard. Not a football expert but I cannot even imagine how Clemson's RB's are better than UGA's. For all the "Kirby does less with more" haters let me remind you that in Kirby's 5 years UGA has been eliminated by 2 NC's and 1 runner up from the SEC. As long as Saban (GOAT?) in recruiting #1 classes (9 out of the last 11 years?) a safe bet will be to take Bama over the field every year. UGA will show that, as a program, they have caught Clemson this year when they hang an L on Dabo and his pretenders.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Whatever Benedict...talk all you want, because talk is cheap...and meaningless. I see this game as a tossup honestly.

Daniels has much more starting college game experience than DJ. JT looked great on Saturday. And honestly, other than him being a load to bring down, I'm not that impressed with DJ's passing and decision making.

3-4 of our top wide receivers aren't even playing yet but will be by the start of practice this summer. Dawgs should be fine on the receiver front even without Pickens.

We've got more to worry about than Clemson. Bama looks just as impressive this Spring as last year and hasn't appeared to skip a beat with Bryce Young at QB. They've got several stud elite receivers that should step in and cause all opponents problems. And their defense should be better than 2020.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

In 2020 the team with the most talent was UGA. They had more talent than either UA or UF but they lost to both. For 2021, as it now stands even more talent will arrive.

Each year it seems to be one group or another that prevents reaching the team goals. Last year it was the quarterback position for many. One has to ask why was that? Was it evaluation, recruiting, development? This year, at this point in time, it would appear to be the offensive line and/or the receivers. Again the same questions have to be asked.

Based on talent alone Clemson should lose by at least 10 or more. The same holds true for the entire schedule.

Many people are projecting another showdown with UA in the SECCG. Again this should be a win. Bama is having to replace many more positions. They will have at least three new offensive linemen, a new quarterback and running back as well as two wide receivers and a tight end. In each of those areas the red and black is or should be better.

I look forward to this season as this is the year.

edited April 2021

You still don't know what happened to the quarterback position last year? From Fromm ill-advisedly leaving early, to Newman bailing at the last minute, to Mathis' brain injury, to Daniels' knee injury, it's been thoroughly documented. I also am at a loss as to how you are pointing to the receivers as a position of weakness on this team. OL might be a concern but then again, maybe it's just Spring?

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

My comment was not directed at any particular year. At one point in the past the reason was in fact the lack of elite receivers. I think this year’s receivers are going to be very good. I am fully aware of the quarterback situation from last year. To that I would only add be thankful the mailman was on the roster. I would also point out that he did in fact have the led at halftime again UA. I am sure we can disagree on this but I have serious doubts that Fromm would have brought home a win in that game.

As to this year it would seem, the offensive line is an area of concern followed by the secondary. Both will be tested against Clemson. After this game, the next test will be the SECCG. Based on the situation with each team in the West, from new quarterbacks to new coaches, this should also be a victory.

Every team goes through these same adjustments of injuries and loss of personal. Some teams seem to manage them better than others. Clemson will be an excellent test on how well Kirby has done this this year.

Well ok, your more recent points are fair enough. But you did specifically say, "Last year it was the quarterback position for many. One has to ask why was that? Was it evaluation, recruiting, development? This year, at this point in time, it would appear to be the offensive line and/or the receivers."

I was simply responding to what you said.

Moving on. You're right that I disagree with your assessment of the outcome against Bama last year. It's not so much that I think we would have won it with Fromm. I honestly have no idea - and that's where the disagreement comes in. I don't see how you could have serious doubts about the possibility of getting the win with a 4-year starter in a scenario where the 4th stringer and former walk-on had enough to work with to get the team to a halftime lead before imploding. But it's all moot by now. If Fromm hadn't left, we wouldn't have Daniels. So at least there's that.

• brvhrtbrvhrt Posts: 320 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited April 2021

Just wow. I stopped reading bc this guy has the orange + white goggles stitched to his face 😂

• 87dawg87dawg Posts: 364 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

OK, did everyone forget that clempson plays in the ACC? Of course they win. Look who they play all year. Each week is a tune-up game so they're well rested when they get invited to the playoffs.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Guy sure is gulping down the orange & white Koolaide ain’t he lol ? Sure the Dawgs could lose . They just might lose. But if he thinks the Tigers are gonna just go through the Dawgs like somebody taking laxatives and drinking coconut juice to chase them down he’s sadly mistaken !! Their is every possibility in the world that the Dawgs will WIN this game to !! I respect the potential that Clemson has, and yes I can appreciate the fact that they Might win this game, but he makes it sound like it’s a done deal !! So should Kirby just forfeit this game lol ? NOT !!! Win or lose I believe our beloved Dawgs are gonna give Clemson absolute fits !! The field of play will be the decision maker !! All the opinion and speculation before the game is just that. Go Dawgs !!

• 1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Typical cow pasture college fan..Clowns look good in Orange.

• PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Cat poison. I'm ok, with that.

• DaddyMackDaddyMack Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

This guy is making it abundantly clear that if you want fact based reliable info regarding Clemson, ATL Falcons, or anything pertaining to sports - his blog or anything he puts out on these topics DEFINITELY ISNT THE PLACE TO GET THAT! For him to say Clemson has better TEs, RBs, LBs, and Dline than UGA is absolute fiction! You can't even argue those position groups without looking ignorant. As far as WR I'll give him that in regards to what UGA had participating in G-Day but you add the guys who missed it as a precaution due to minor injuries... nope Clemson is not better. How does he figure special teams off of a spring game? He must've saw Camarda who's our punter miss those FGs and again without doing his research made an assumption! This guy should write for FL and Dan Mullen - he'd fit right in! What a joke!