Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Confident Clemson writer: Tigers 'far better than UGA at this point'

2»

Comments

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,747 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Now this is the kind of writer I hope both Clemson and UGA players take seriously.

Those fellows at Clemson are grown men. Our boys? Not in their league. Please put it on the bulletin board.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Clemson far better. I truly doubt that.

Clemson will not be better at QB in 2021. Their RB's will likely not be as good in 2021. I doubt their receivers will be better. If not for all the injuries to the Ga receivers, I doubt it would even be up for debate.

Clemson clearly took a step back in 2020. They have talent in their front 7, but it's a unit that didn't get it done in 2020. That position group will be better in 2021, but will they be able to match what Ga will have in their front 7. I doubt it.

The Dawg's have questions at DB and OL. Sounds like Clemson does as well. I give the Dawgs an edge at QB, RB, D-line and Linebackers.

O-lines, Draw. TE, Draw at best for Clemson. Clemson may be better at Receiver and DB.

I think both teams will be well matched and it will produce another classic match-up. Anybody saying either team is clearly better at this point, is just blowing smoke...

• Options
    TrippTripp Posts: 513 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Benedict is a blogger and needs hits/views to be successful. He is not only catering to what Tiger nation wants to hear, he is also trying to draw Georgia fans to log in on the topic by obviously degrading Kirby and the Dawgs. He is setting back reading the responses of Georgia fans with laughter and enjoyment. He's like a cheap car salesman who says whatever it takes to make a sale. What is shocking to me is how some of the Dawg fans join him in his assessment of Kirby Smart as a coach. There is approx 130 D1 FBS teams and only 1 can be National champions each year. Coach Smart has Georgia in the championship talk almost every year. He will break through at some point. Kids come to Georgia under Smart because they know Georgia is a championship contender and they know their opportunity to get to the next level goes up because of exposure and reputation for developing pro ready athletes.

As for Clemson, I only watched the 1st half of their scrimmage game and was not overly impressed. Especially to a point where I would say they're better than Georgia right now. Both teams have a long way to go. LSU and Alabama looks pretty solid in their spring game though!

• Options
    MarkBoknechtMarkBoknecht Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Geez Bentdik. I get it. You think anything short of a championship, makes the team a pretender. Brilliant reasoning.

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Any "journalist" that says the words "No one has accomplished less with more than UGA head coach Kirby Smart" is clearly not a journalist. Period. I'd be horrified if a UGA journalist said something similar about one of our opponents and that person wouldn't last long with a traditional reporting company.

Stats are pretty much meaningless in Spring Games: a solid offense could mean a weakness in the D and vice-versa. It also matters how much time the 2nd string has the ball, how often players are swapped out, etc. The only thing that really matters is individual piece meals and seeing who does what and who does not.

I would expect a 7 point Clemson spread (maybe 4 depending). Anyone assuming a 14+ point blowout would likely be foolish in believing that statistically, especially with Lawrence gone.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike...Why would you even quote blowhard Benedict?

• Options
    DJG76DJG76 Posts: 212 ✭✭✭ Junior

The best comment..."clowns look good in orange"...so this guy's name is Benedict....as far as his prognosticating is concerned, He still is! But keep rubbin that rock, you might get some movement one day.

• Options
    dawg4lyfedawg4lyfe Posts: 22 ✭✭ Sophomore

Benedict is the Skip Bayless of Clemson Bloggers... White Hot Take to go along with his hot breathe melting that mic. Dawg til I die, but I'm not gonna sit here and declare a championship, nor would I say Clemson sucks, etc... We'll see come September. #GODAWGS

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I guess a closet Clemson fan gave a vote down.. Break out the CLOWN costume

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited April 2021

By Benedict's own "reasoning".. No NC last year, so that made Clemson a pretender last season also. But it's a different story for clemson. Attend Clemson, get a top notch education, and you can follow in Benedict's footsteps.