Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

3 sizzling Georgia-related NFL draft angles: Justin Fields, Azeez Ojulari, program records

SystemSystem Posts: 10,443 admin
edited April 2021 in General
image3 sizzling Georgia-related NFL draft angles: Justin Fields, Azeez Ojulari, program records

There will be plenty of Georgia storylines in the 2021 NFL Draft

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You just have to laugh sometimes, our only 1st round QB since Matt Stafford to get drafted in the 1st round never started a game at UGA.

• Options
    natejawsnatejaws Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ Junior

I think Newman's free fall from last preseason (considered a top5 QB) is a much bigger uga qb storyline than Fields slipping a little.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Were we out of pictures of UGA players that are in this year's draft?

Holy smokes! Another lyin' justin fields article. I gotta believe most folks on here would rather read about actual DAWGS. fields played at ohio state longer than at UGA. How many years do you intend to follow that fool?

• Options

WHy are you reading the article? DId you click on it by mistake? JEeesz.!

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Perception is reality, so if folks thinks Fields has a poor work ethic due to whatever, it will be more true than the truth itself tough world when the media makes falsehoods!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with @natejaws about Newman being a big story. Or at least an interesting one. His name isn't even being MENTIONED anywhere and a year ago, he was being talked about as a strong Heisman Trophy contender who would be a top draft pick. (Conversely few, if any, folks were seriously talking about Trey Lance. Now he could be the second or third QB off the board, playing in only one game as a senior). So I think Newman's decision not to play last year has, and will, cost him millions of dollars. Of course, if asked he'll say he has no regrets. But I hardly think that is true. He got some bad advice on that one. But hey, as far as we know, at least he didn't get COVID. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Canedawg2140Canedawg2140 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options

The Dawgnation website is full, literally full of articles about Dawgs and the Draft and some of you come on here and moan about Justin Fields? Unbelievable! Listen closely: you don't have to read the article about Fields, seriously, just scroll through. It's not Mike with the problem guys.

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 369 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited April 2021

I read the article because it is about more than fields and I am interested in more than fields. Also, it is headed by a banner picture of a player 2 years removed from the University of Georgia who lied about the University of Georgia so yes, I questioned why we did not have a picture of an actual Dawg.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

1) Wilson was a bust of historical proportions.

2) Kirby was not going to install a “One look tuck and run offense to accommodate Fields inability to run anything but the most basic offense. The Bucknuts did install a simpleton offense for Fields and how did that work out against Bama? With Fields, there is a very good chance we would not have had even a halftime lead against the Tide.

• Options

Evidently some posters on here are better at evaluating talent than the guys that do it for a living. Somehow, I think Fields is about to get paid to the chagrin of a few on here.

I don't know if it's ever even happened before, maybe MG or CR can find out, if a 5 star QB has ever transferred to another team and then become a top 10 pick in the draft. It's just crazy..

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mayfield was a 3 star, and apparently the #42 quarterback in his class per 24/7. He started off as a walk-on.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod
    edited April 2021

Sometimes I don’t read so good

edit: Kyler Murray was a 5star though so it isn’t unprecedented. And he went top 1 also