Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Seriously, Kyle PItts??? Falcons just dont want fans!!!

1235»

Comments

• Options
    YaleDawgYaleDawg Posts: 7,112 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2021

If we were truly rebuilding we had have taken Sewell. Probably should have since this team is bad. Falcons need to trade Ryan so he can finish his career with a contender

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, Ryan has been a way better than average QB in career and has only missed 1......1 game in his entire career and will PROBABLY make it into the HOF but let's b honest, he's no Tom Brady, more like Phillip Rivers East which is very good but not good enough to pass on a talent like Fields who could've sat and learned how to b a pro from Matt Ryan before taking over in 2022. READ MY LIPS, the Boobirds are not winning anything anytime soon with this roster and with this QB and they'll surely regret passing up the opportunity to draft Fields. I checked out on this perennial bottom 10 franchise years ago and for the 1st time in my life since I've been watching the Falcons I can't name 15 players on the team and I would struggle mightily to name 10. Just UNBELIEVABLE!!!

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You've identified the problem and it isn't Mat Ryan. He took a team to the SB . Coulda / shoulda won it. He's done plenty. I doubt JF2 would make much of a difference from MR unless some other changes were made. Hey I get it. You love JF2. No doubt da Bears will win several super bowls in the next few years and everyone will forget about Patrick Mahomes.

• Options
    Dawg1419Dawg1419 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well its that time again to remind the struggling falcons fans that they will **** again this year. On the bright side bet against them all year and you will make money.

• Options

Yeah in a couple of years Falcons fans will b furious that Atlanta passed on Justin Fields and Mac Jones to stick with an aging QB that frankly, is not gonna lead u to another Super Bowl but oh well, Falcons will Falcon.

• Options
    donmedeirosdonmedeiros Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There are other QBs coming up every year - surely you don't think Fields is a once in a generation type player. We've had a few of those in the past few years - hardly had to wait a generation. I might wait a year or two - or even a game or two - before I submit Fields' name to the HOF committee.

• Options

I don't think Fields would've or even could've started year 1 with Matt Ryan in tow but a Rookie year serving as Matt's understudy would've been great for Fields but we (Did I just say we?🤔🤔🤔), I mean the Boobirds pick a TE. A potentially all time great TE sure, but u picked a TE over the best QB in the draft. The Falcons r seriously funny dude and I've been watching this Clown show since I was a preteen and they **** and always have (With the exception of a few notable years) and likely always will. Quick, who'll win a Super Bowl 1st Chicago with Justin Fields or the Boobirds?

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Falcons are in salary cap h3ll, so adding Fields to a team that needs to be rebuilt is a risky strategy. You going to waste the first 3 years of his 5 year contract to rebuild the rest of the team? Then you have 2 years to win it all, then you have to pay him on his second deal, and then likely could be back in salary cap h3ll. Rinse and repeat.

It's probably better to rebuild other pieces of the team and when Ryan's contract is nearly up, you look for the heir apparent in the draft (who in this scenario would walk into a team that's already well-built, hopefully).