Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Discussions on Dawgnation have been really good this week.

texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s been awhile but discussions on Dawgnation have been really good this week.

It’s because some old posters have returned. Some are controversial and some just haven’t been around in a while.

I don’t see who it benefits calling out old posters who return under a new name. Dawgnation needs them even if they are occasionally difficult to deal with.

WC has driven me crazy as much as anyone…..but he has started some very interesting and entertaining threads this week.

Seems like another banned poster may have returned. He’s smart and he contributes. What benefit is it to call him out?

Its been good to hear from others like Yale and denman.

Hopefully mods will let things lie and help Dawgnation continue being an interesting read.

Comments

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

I like teasing them. I haven’t banned them. Not sure where the harm is.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@texdawg you are correct and I as a infrequent poster really enjoy it. I have no issue with banned/ex/trolls posting . I've enjoyed a lot of the input on adding UT and OU and the pros and cons. Looking forward to the season and all the interactions ..

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No harm Kasey. I just don’t want to run them off or discourage the posting.

it has been really interesting this week with input from a lot of people.

Dawgnation has really needed it.

May not have the insider “expert” recruiting info any longer. But we can actually have good discussions on the quickly changing landscape in college football.

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

They’ve each signed up three times. I don’t think me rubbing them a little is going to send them away.

And I’m sure once football season starts the ones I really don’t like will come back haha.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I honestly miss the wild west days of football forums. The old AJC comment section was like that. And we we're actually mostly cordial to each other.

I had an old email chain of some top posters that was born from that. Even had a Gator fan that joined in with us. Sadly that email group fizzled off... I sometimes wonder if any of those guys are still around here today.

Those anything goes places seem to be disappearing. It's kind of like Vegas becoming a "family friendly" destination. Got to herd the cattle after all.

• Options
    BaxleydawgBaxleydawg Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After being a way from my family in a hotel for 5 nights and working 70 hours in that time and being so stressed, it helped to just read the forum on my phone last night and relax.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I also have trouble communicating exactly what I meant sometimes. The mind runs faster than the fingers can type. Well... some minds.

• Options
    Michael_ScarnMichael_Scarn Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes I remember those early AJC board days well. Prior to that I represented the G back when The Hive just started. Battling Nerds was a hoot - we had some really good banter in those days.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,041 mod

And over the years, the Nerds have been like;

Which leads to another thread talking about Best Movies...