Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Awesome, grateful and emotional week for me and my family.

Comments

• Options
    texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thank you. I can be a bit sentimental and emotional.

• Options
    how2fishhow2fish Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Most of the good men I've know have been.. great pics by the way that is a handsome bunch !

• Options
    DogsNotDawgsDogsNotDawgs Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Cannot compare with Tex in the heart felt. Will drive oldest daughter as a Freshman across a long State to Pitt next week. Currently 4 ladies 16 and up telling me how to do what I know how to do at home so I am good when that changes to 3. The sentimental part is it is Fall in the Pic and I remember fondly CMR teams from those days. And very happy for you Tex.

• Options

Love the pic and your situation is funny. 4 females over 16 telling you what to do would be tough. Pitt is a very good school. Best of luck to your daughter.

• Options

I read through your post more and man…..a lot going on in your life. And what a successful family. Congratulations to you.

• Options

Thank you for sharing. I love it. And my sincere appreciation for his service.

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks Tex...I've been blessed with a great wife/mom, smart/healthy kids, and much better fortune than I deserve! Based on the posts that you've shared, I believe you would say the same...we are both extremely fortunate individuals.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure how I missed this one...

Congrats and condolences Tex. It'll be me in 6 years.

• Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Funny comment @Bankwalker... when i took my entry exams at UGA I had no idea what the he!l a semicolon was for and for some odd reason half of that test seemed to ask about semicolons use. I ended up in remedial English class. I did great on the math test and ended up in a Calculus 2 class. Well, I learned how the hell to use a semicolon, and I have used the frequently in my writing and email correspondence ever since. I went on to accel in all of my English, Literature, and Writing courses at UGA; however, I dang near failed my first semester of calculus - eking out a C thanks to the help of a friend who tutored me and about 40 hours of studying to ace the final. I struggled in Finance too. Go figure?

• Options
    dragonslayerdragonslayer Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm afraid your children got their good looks from their mother😆. That's OK, same for mine.

• Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My daughter starts preschool this year... I know I will blink and she will be packing up for college herself, and I can only imagine the emotion you are feeling. She is a special little soul that loves to share with her older brother, but likes things done the way she likes things done. She is hilarious, loves to have fun, and test her limits - we have known for a while this is going to be a wild ride :)

Enjoy the pride you father's are feeling - you earned it.

• Options

You aren’t wrong. I married a Kappa from Ole Miss. It’s a good gene pool.

• Options
    BankwalkerBankwalker Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

While just a friendly jab, it is true that a person simply cannot graduate from college without having a proper understanding of punctuation and usage. There’s just too much writing involved when earning a college degree.

Would you believe that comment earned a rebuke and “jailing“ (which is a reduction in posting privileges ) from one of the mods for being antagonistic? Of course, the MOD involved is likely just sensitive about the fact he did not graduate from UGA, because the poster in question has been banned at least three times from the forum and is frequently the target of antagonistic comments from the moderators themselves.

I’m on the verge of being banned from the forum for questioning the veracity of a claim by WC????