Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Recruiting Break.

MetalDawgMetalDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

I have taken a hiatus from recruiting. I no longer follow it like a did a month ago. This has been the best decision for myself and it has brought more enjoyment to being a UGA fan. I highly recommend it even if it's just a small break. Recruiting can become a obsession if you are not careful which in my opinion is weird seeing how these recruits are kids.

Comments

• godawgsgodawgs Posts: 326 ✭✭✭ Junior

Agreed. I enjoyed the dead period a lot in August. I also try avoid articles/threads that may cause me to spend too much time thinking about a recruit going elsewhere.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, being an ardent recruiting fan isn't for everyone. And I'm glad I recognized fairly quickly it wasn't for me.

It just seems like a giant game of "Where's Waldo?" But the picture you're looking for him in is the entire Internet. And it's not just trying to find him. It's where's Waldo and what's he thinking? Which makes the game the that much more evasive and a time sink. Time that you will never get back.

That said, I do find it interesting how fans like Snoop and Tiger do manage to make sense of all the nonsense they find out there. They offer a "nonsense filter", where their observations aren't a 100% right. But they bring the nonsense way down to a manageable level.

Well really, the first line of defense I think is Jeff Sentell. He provides a professional presentation that's well thought out and heartfelt. You can follow that easily and not drive yourself mad. Then if you like that stuff, you can delve into a little Snoop and Tiger. Much beyond that, and you probably should ask yourself if this is the right hobby for you before you go too far.

• DawgVaderDawgVader Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Jeff - I'm noticing Tucker's last line that it's "Going to be a great week"...

Is that a hint that maybe he knows some additional commitments are about to announce??

• CaliforniaDawgCaliforniaDawg Posts: 674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@RobbyNabulsi said:

Jeff - I'm noticing Tucker's last line that it's "Going to be a great week"...

Is that a hint that maybe he knows some additional commitments are about to announce??

He could also be referring to the Miss St game and how he and his players are chomping at the bit to go after them!!!

• PTDawgPTDawg Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@JeffSentell said:
    What's the funny line from Airplane?

Here's an early fall rewrite.

"Looks like you've picked the wrong month to stop following recruiting."

"Surely you can't be serious..."