Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Elite or not, availability of JT Daniels will shape Georgia football season

2»

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

If JT can’t go, which is the only reason Stetson will get any significant snaps, what QB do you suggest will give the Dawgs the best chance to win?

Looked shaky in Sanford Stadium? Be serious! Did you see Stet lay the ball into the receiver over the defense on the wheel route for a big gain? He had one pass all day that was not advisable.

If Auburn comes out in a 3-2-6 defense we will run the ball regardless of who is the QB, just as Bama did with a Heisman candidate at QB against Ole Miss that runs the same defense as Arkansas.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I haven’t read or seen anything that suggests Kirby implies JT and Stetson are on the same level. If JT was not injured, Stetson would not have seen the field in a big game like Arkansas unless it was during mop up time. JT has been injured since fall camp. Perhaps what you’re talking about is Kirby implying Stet is better than putting an injured JT into the game risking a more serious injury that would really blow up the season.

If anything makes me question Kirby’s QB management, it is the Fromm/Fields debate. While Kirby was shouting from the rooftops, “The best players will play!”, he was GIVING Fields offensive momentum killing series which consisted the vast majority of times with Fields making one read then tucking and running for two or three yards. I can’t help but believe that Kirby’s treatment of Fromm his sophomore season played a huge roll in Fromm leaving early the next year which is really what set the Dawg’s QB room back, not the Fields transfer.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

ShootHooch. "Kirby gave Fields entitlement snaps, they certainly were not earned, stalling our offense, in order to try to keep Fields happy so he wouldn’t transfer. Because of Fields, the only time in my memory Kirby’s mantra of “the best players play” was nothing more than hyperbolic garbage. What was Kirby supposed to do, totally bench the QB that lead the team to a botched coverage TD from a national championship in order to appease a malcontent with “huge upside” but did nothing to earn his way onto the field? Fromm got UGA closer to a natty than Fields did for the Bucknuts. And, given the opportunity Fields has been given with the Bears, Fromm could at least equal Fields’ miserable showing as an NFL QB."

Not sure what your point is. 1st you must not have seen the 75 yard bomb Fields threw to Mecole Hardman against (? help me here) It was the prettiest deep ball at UGA since Stafford. Maybe prettier. That alone warranted PT for Fields yr 1. You have to play guys or they leave. UGA needed Fields to stay. Badly. PT was warranted for that reason alone regardless. Fields chose to bail for guaranteed QB1 at OSU. He chose to run from the competition. He would have beaten out Fromm in Fields' 2nd yr at UGA. The guy was just too good. Fromm was very good in his yr 1. Fields was not ready to start in his yr 1. Fromm was good in his yr 2. Fromm was not very good in his yr 3 while Fields lit it up for 2 yrs at OSU.

You obviously didn't see what Fields did in 2 yrs at OSU as a starter compared to what From did after his very good showing in in yr 1. You obviously didn't see what Fields did today in the NFL. My guess is that Fields numbers today in the NFL will be better than Fromm's career numbers in the NFL.

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

SICemDAWGS If you remember Emory Jones was a borderline 5* player. HAD he come to UGA he would've started all last year and he would be playing better ball than the less experienced (5 starts) '21 FL version we saw yesterday. It will be interesting to see who plays better SBIV or EJ on 10/30 if JTD isn't ready to go.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yes got to have Daniels, Bennett likes to throw the ball to the other team too much and that is why he only attempted a few passes Saturday and had he had a regular day passing, there would have not been a shutout, 100% not one. But no UGA and UA will not likely be on a collision course, they already are. Florida having 2 SEC losses now put the nail in their coffin. And Auburn and Kentucky? Our elite defense will win those games.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Jones may have possibly been better at UGA, or a flop, we'll never know. He's either overrated, or he wasn't properly coached to be a college QB by mullet. Either way, Emory Jones is nowhere near being a 5* at uf, and never will be. Especially with the " CLOWN whisperer" as his coach. Anthony Richardson is as good or better than Jones in my opinion. Stronger arm, and just as good of a runner as Jones. I wouldn't be surprised to see Richardson take the field over Jones vs the DAWGS. Bennett has a much better QBR than Jones..more TD passes, and fewer INT's

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Bennett didn't pass much vs Arkansas due to the hogs dropping 8 into coverage every pass play..Daniels has as many INT's and fewer TD's than Bennett 🤔 I know he hasn't played as much as Stetson. Even playing all 5 games, there's no guarantee Daniels is any better. He may have 12 TD's vs 2 INT's, or it could be the opposite,6 TD's vs 6 INT's ( highly unlikely, but possible). You'd think JT would post better stats over a season, being the more talented of the 2 QB's. Again, that's something we' ll never know since Daniels has missed several quarters already this young season.