Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

BA Doesn’t like Arch Manning

Comments

• Options
    emanresuemanresu Posts: 3,420 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I never said he didn't did I or am I missing something?

• Options
    markrichtermarkrichter Posts: 341 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good grief. You said you would not rule him out for QB next year unless he ruled himself out. Therefor he was in the race. If he already told Kirby his plans to leave ....

• Options

@markrichter 😂😂😂 R u like my new biggest fan or something? I 😎😎😎

• Options
    BillyDawg1BillyDawg1 Posts: 2,866 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

You seem to pick fights on weekends for some reason. I'll try to avoid responding in kind.

• Options

I wouldn't blame any player for transfering for playing time, especially a QB. Kirby does as good a job as any HC at getting reps for defensive players, RBs and receivers, but we all know you can only have 1 primary QB with his backup getting minutes here and there.

• Options
    edited October 2021

You're correct. I was thinking of the shouting match Grantham had with Coach Franklin after the road game at Vandy. Our fans absolutely loved Grantham after that, regardless of revisionist thinking.

• Options
    KeithsaxonKeithsaxon Posts: 683 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mr Monken has worked great with the resources available to him! Imagine what he could do with a full compliment of receivers and a healthy JTD!

• Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,879 mod

Exactly. When taking in the full complement of what exactly he has at his disposal, people should pause before criticizing. And I think his offense would look amazing with Arch Manning in it.

• Options
    ColumbusDawgColumbusDawg Posts: 526 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA QB room will be loaded when Stockton joins it. Throw Manning in there too? Sheesh! Stockton is special. Manning might be more special. Jury is still out on ALL of them though. Love Stockton. Haven't seen enough of Manning yet to form a personal opinion but considering all who has been instructing him on how to be QB ALL of his life, wouldn't bet against him as being a future Heisman winner. I would bet on it though. If he does underperform in college, well that will get fixed QUICK! And I hope with everything in me that comes to UGA!

• Options

Brady may not be the answer some seem to think he is for LSU since they had one really good season while he was there. No one speaks about the receivers room at LSU that season. It was nuts! Are not all of those starting receivers in the NFL now with at least 2 being All-Pro caliber already? Combine that with Burrow and the head on his shoulders to go with his arm...good luck replicating anything close to that season! No, I think Brady's reputation or shall I say the incredibly high credit he received from that season would have nowhere to go but DOWN, if he took over at LSU. That was the best offensive football team I seen in my life! Matter of fact I asked my wife how much cash we had total from various places so I could bet every dime on LSU to cover against Clemson. Which, they did! Most credit Brady, I do credit him too, but not nearly as much as I credit the once-in-a-lifetime offensive talent in place on the same team at the same time that created that one incredible season.

• Options

Trevor Lawrence? Eli Manning? Peyton Manning? Oh and remember that guy? What was his name? Oh yeah. Herschel Walker?

• Options

If Brock is that good he will be starter next 2 years then gone. do I wonder if he beats out Gunner next year though. That is going to be one heck of a battle! Now he should with his head start but Gunner is very special and his teammates LOVE HIM and many are coming to UGA to play WITH GUNNER. Gunner just is a winner on an under-manned team at a small school. Wait until HE has the same weapons as the guys that come from the big schools and is on equal footing with Brock, Beck whoever else is in the QB room. Has big and tall gazelles at WR too!

Anyway, that being said, right now who would we all put our money on to win a Heisman? Say we all had to put up $100K of our own money to lose and we had to pick one of these 3 to win a Heisman before they left college. Or we had to pick the right one or die. I do not know about you all, but I would be putting my money on Arch Manning! Then Gunner, followed very closely by Brock though. That is going to be some competition between those two! Then throw in Arch Manning? WOW! Do not see that happening but who knows! Didn't think Stockton or Beck would still come with Brock around but they did!

• Options
    GitRDone77GitRDone77 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

This has been an interesting discussion about a subject that I follow extensively. I have had the opportunity to watch Arch Manning play in several games. He is very talented and does come from a very good family. One that you would expect knows their x's and o's very well.

However, in 2 games that Arch has lost this year, he didn't do as well due to the level of the competition. That is 1 problem that happens when a recruit is over hyped by the talking heads. He is rated a 5 star by all the recruiting services but Gunner Stockton is only a 4 star. Why? Who knows the real reason.

Let's compare their resumes. Both are comparable in several categories. Stockton is in a much tougher region. He is also 88-3 through his years of playing football. Look at that stat again. Plus he has broken record after record in GA HS records.

Kirby wants Manning and that is all I need to know. Is he coming to UGA? Highly doubtful. He would be sitting behind 2 fierce competitors in Brock and Gunner. Plus in class of 24, Dylan Raiola is coming to UGA as well.

Is Manning going to be willing to duke it out? Highly unlikely. But if he does, we will welcome him just like we do any other recruit that Kirby wants.

• Options
    BangersBangers Posts: 826 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I like BVG for QB1 next year, and the year after that. Unless of course Stetson wins it all and decides to come back. That thought just brought to mind an interesting thought experiment... Just imagine: what if Stet, JT, and Beck all stayed? We would be losing our minds as a fan base over who is / should be playing QB. Even wilder if Stet was still QB1 against Oregon next September. Which brings to mind another idea -- there is a likely scenario where we could be playing Oregon in the Natty and then again in a rematch to open the year. That could be fun

• Options

Stetson Bennett will b the starting QB at Georgia next year hands down no questions asked and BVG will b his closer in short yardage and goal line packages because BVG has the frame and the athleticism to thrive in that limited role but forget about it, I don't care who starts, BVG is gonna b too good and will bring too much value not to play in year 2.

• Options
    pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yes. Stet will be back. Seriously, where is he going to go? Even if JT comes back also, Stet will probably get the lion's share of snaps. The good news is that no matter what happens, UGA is loaded at QB for the next several years.

• Options

BVG won't b able to beat out Bennett for the job next year and that's a very good thing for Georgia considering the 'Dawgs will b attempting to go back to back and u like your chances a lot more with a seasoned vet and proven big game performer like Stet than most any other option including BVG and Gunner Stockton so the issue in the Spring will b who's gonna be running the 2s Beck or BVG.