Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart calls on ‘Next man up’ and Georgia fans, injuries threatening championship quest

SystemSystem Posts: 10,410 admin
edited October 2021 in Article commenting
imageKirby Smart calls on ‘Next man up’ and Georgia fans, injuries threatening championship quest

ATHENS — Attrition could prove the biggest hurdle for Georgia football to clear if the Bulldogs are to win their first national championship since 1980.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Our fans have been awesome by showing up and getting loud. Let's kick it up a notch Saturday! You do make a difference! So do your part! GATA Dawg fans!

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    bogarttadbogarttad Posts: 276 ✭✭✭ Junior

That list up there healthy could threaten to win the SEC by itself.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hate it for Tykee, but we've already played half the regular season without him, so I think we'll be fine. We just need to buckle in, hunker down, and win the line of scrimmage tomorrow and we can hobble into a well needed off week.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    WCHWCH Posts: 476 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's a shame that Smith is lost for the rest of the season, because he's a leader and a banger. Did I also say he is an All-American? We'll miss you buddy, but we've got our work to do to stay ELITE. GO DAWGS!!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another ACL. CKS said these are not happening in practice? Smart: “These aren’t injuries that are occurring because we’re banging in practice. That’s not the case.” OK, then why did we not hear about Tykee before with the ACL? Maybe I missed it. Whatever. Smart again moves the chess pieces to his best advantage...to win. Always to win. UGA needcs to stop KY WR Wan'Dale Robinson....this guy is very good. He and Levis have put up some points. They also have a couple of top RBs. UGA's dominant defense will adjust I am certain as they have up until now. I believe KY's weakest link is the OL. It will be an interesting game. Count on more injuries. The off week will the a God send.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Hunker down , you hairy dawgs!"

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

There is that Munson quote again! Need it now!

Our depth will persevere!

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember that UK game from last year...we were banged up afterward.

If I 'member right, those injuries were crucial in the FU game, and we didn't get a week off last year to prepare. Am I remembering that right?

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2021

Lol, don't shoot the messenger...

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, this injury list is just gruesome. Some questions, though, for anyone who has the answers. Does anyone know the real status of Trezman Marshall and Julian Rochester? I know they're "out," but are they out for the season, or are they expected back? Is Rochester any closer to playing than he was at the beginning of the season? Remember, he got hurt in the Kentucky game last year, so it's been a year and yet no one talks about him. Is it possible that Kirby and Ron Courson already know he'll never play again and are just doing him the courtesy of letting him dress out and be around the team for what has to be his final year? And finally, does anyone know the difference between Tate Ratledge's broken foot and the ones suffered by Washington and Tykee Smith. Washington and Smith recovered in about 6-8 weeks, but Ratledge was immediately ruled out for the season after breaking his foot against Clemson. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Bdw3184Bdw3184 Posts: 12,727 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

you are correct as to being banged up and the lack of a week off.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Their 2 best defensive lineman are out for this game. So is their 2nd leading receiver.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

DallasDawg,

I don’t know if we will see Julian this year and I wonder if he will play next year as a 7th year senior. I think he played in 2016, 2017 and 2018. I believe he redshirted in 2019 (maybe due to an injury). Last year he was injured mid season, but 2020 didn’t count against anyone’s eligibility. If the NCAA grants him (in 2021) an additional year via a “medical” redshirt, then I think he could play in 2022. Lots of “if’s”, but GT has a player who had similar issues and is playing a 7th season this year. Does anyone have thoughts on this? Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next week just list the guys that are healthy. I think it would be a shorter list. CKS need to really look at how he practices. "How we've always done it" is not the right answer when the team is as depleted as this team is. The team is in mid season form. Take a lesson from the NFL and dial back the practice hitting. Practice is what 15 hrs a week? A game is 3 hrs. That's a 5:1 chance of getting hurt at practice.

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 364 ✭✭✭ Junior

So sorry to hear about Tykee. Hopefully he can recover in time to play next season. I seem to remember that Adam Anderson has been practicing at the Star position as well. Maybe this is the week we will see him there if Brini has to move to safety.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok, sure. Still, if we could swap injury situations with Kentucky we'd beat them like we did Vanderbilt.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Still holding at 18 probables through those that are out...out meaning until further notice. A who's who of top Dawg talent. I did include Gilbert. Well on our way to making an entire Dawg "dream team." Incredible. The depth of UGA talent is commendable. CKS saw to it. Now, let's take it to KY an.d earn a week of rest. What do you say?

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

That's a long list of injured players (18). Even those that play will be hampered. That God we are so deep - good recruiting has many upsides. GO DAWGS!