Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart calls on ‘Next man up’ and Georgia fans, injuries threatening championship quest

2»

Comments

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THis game IMO will go like the Auburn game. We win going away. Something like, 40-14. I don't think their second string DT's can stop our run game, and we should be a Defense like they haven't played against yet. The Mailman will deliver enough mail to make the Offense two dimensional. 200 yards rushing and 250 yards passing sounds about right.

• Options
    David1David1 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Mike, do you want bama to beat Georgia? With the bulletin board material you said on finebaum sure sounded like it.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sounds like it's time to start the excuses, of not winning the NC. I live in TN, just minutes from UT campus. I hear the injury list from here. It's several. I know some are bad, but everyone has them. It's just so noticeable because we are all reading and listening to a UGA fan forum website. NEXT MAN UP. At least UGA HAS real good depth. So much doom and gloom by these writers. Unfortunate for T. Smith, but really, is it that bad? Hasn't played all year. It's not like he was a starter, and now out. He was a "projected" starter. Every team has a player that has national attention, like Pickens, where every fan base knows about them. Minus the few superstars, by national relevance, nobody around hear even knows anything about the injuries unless they read it.

Now the worry about this game. I really think, unless UGA just absolutely loses it themselves, they win this game. Now though at what cost? The score isn't the reason for "attacking", it's to keep the UK offense off the field. Last game against them, never thought UK could win, just had that feeling. But watched CKS play prevent offense and prevent defense. Cost 3 injuries to major starters on defense and a worn out defense. Played 10+ minutes more on defense. All that just snowballed into the Florida game. Luckily there is an off week, but with the numberof injuries that happen during pratices, maybe it isnt. So Kirby,don't settle for a draw play on 3rd and 6, or a 1 yard pass, just to punt. SMH. IMO- the best way to handle this game is attack hard on offense to light up the scoreboard and make UK a passing team. Keeps them from just pounding the ball. And it allows for THE WOLFPACK, to do what they do best, GET AFTER THE QB.

GO DAWGS!!!!!

• Options
    UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2021

Mike Griffith really comes off as a clown in that Finebalm piece. Is that the same guy that bashes UGA at every turn and tries to stir up controversy every chance he gets? I guess he decided to go all Madonna/Rodman/Karkrashian with his take to try and grab on to that elusive 15 mins of fame. Make no mistake. This amount of injuries is crippling. Excuses? Nobody will remember when the season is done. The only real excuse is that as long as the GOAT is recruiting #1 classes the smart bet will always be Bama over the field. In CKS's 1st 5 seasons as a HC he has been knocked out twice by Bama (2 RD1 and 1 RD2 QBs) and once by LSU's team of the century. Keep playing the games and making the program elite. Since CKS has been at UGA you can run UGA out against any team in the country and expect to compete if not win. Keep chopping.