Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

‘I want to break them’: Kirby Smart goes viral for incredible, profane Florida halftime speech

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2021 in Article commenting
image‘I want to break them’: Kirby Smart goes viral for incredible, profane Florida halftime speech

Georgia coach Kirby Smart went viral on Saturday night.

Read the full story here

Comments

• dogs_n_bravesdogs_n_braves Posts: 121 ✭✭✭ Junior

Aah, CKS is an Infantryman. Everything makes sense now.

• jdatl3jdatl3 Posts: 379 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I don't think you guys should have put this story up. You are giving away too much information.

• TenzaiTenzai Posts: 14 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby is the best coach UGA could have hired. UGA needed a coach who wants to break their rivals and have the team have that killer instinct. The audio proves he does both.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m not saying I condone the profanity. But I am confident, Very confident that there are numerous Head Coaches and coaching staff through out college football who use just as bad. So though I don’t really care for the language To Me this is rank sensationalism written to portray Kirby in a negative way regardless of the clever “ twists” employed. I Very Much appreciate Kirby wanting his team to Win, Win, Win !! As long as the Dawgs play legal and Don’t resort to playing dirty football the language used In the locker room should Stay in the locker room. There’s a next door neighbor state to the West of UGA whose HC drops some Terrible profanity and has been seen on TV doing so to many times to count. I think the “leaked” stuff is not necessarily to enhance a positive image of Kirby and the program, but yet another effort to try to sabotage his image and that of the program. Just my opinions are all my comments are nothing more.

• WayxGaDawgWayxGaDawg Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am sure those who have never been in a locker room find Kirby’s “Motivational” speech alarming! But in reality it sounds like every halftime speech of a Big Time Football Game! Really not that shocking! Go Dawgs..

• EastmandawgEastmandawg Posts: 143 ✭✭✭ Junior

always a day late and a dollar short (news).........hang in there!

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Where's my uniform coach? Put me in!

• rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

Sounds like Florida's players had been talking trash and he was stressing to the players to stay disciplined and that the best way to respond would be kicking their butts. The passion is evident. That team hasn't been the same since. The "Georgia Effect."

• David1David1 Posts: 698 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why is this considered news? This is also more of the type of article Griffith would write.

• DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

I am elated that our HC has so much passion and fire. Kirby and his family love UGA and it shows. I also think there will be no let up after the first NC. I am a little disappointed that someone leaked the tape, but my advice is, if you don’t want to hear locker room talk, don’t listen to it.

Go Dawgs

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

"I must break you" "Go for it". Not sure who would leak this or why (recruiting?) What happens in the locker room should stay in the locker room. UGA absolutely broke Clemson and FU. And probably Arkansas. The Clemson program is so traumatized the entire team (players and staff) are seeing shrinks. The FU program may not recover for 4 or 5 years. This audio may be playing on a loop in the FU weight room all off season.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I remember the only time I ever cussed in front of my mom and I remember the deep look of hurt in her eyes too!

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I love the English language and profanity is limiting the power of the wonderful language that we have to communicate emotion and power!

Ok...rant over...Kirby got the job done!

• LDawgLDawg Posts: 47 ✭✭ Sophomore

I love CKS!!! I would have loved playing for him too!! Woulda loved it cuz I woulda known he was even more passionate about his love for that G , it aint just a job for him. Any yelling he ever did at me I would know it was to make me better not to break me down or hurt me. He really does LOVE the game, Love the G, and Love his players tremendously so! Knowing your Head Coach was just as big a DAWG as you are makes them players love him right back as well!!

I dont want CKS to ever leave UGA, I hope he coaches there for the next 20 years at least!

GO DAWGS!!

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Y'all should hear me when I'm watching the games! I'd make Kirby blush! 🤣🤣

Football is war! And I wouldn't want anybody else leading our warriors into battle, than General Kirby Smart!

GO KIRBY!

GO DAWGS!

This discussion has been closed.