Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

‘I want to break them’: Kirby Smart goes viral for incredible, profane Florida halftime speech

2»

Comments

• UGADad20UGADad20 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

The proliferation of profanity is a result of the erosion of culture and decency in this country. To me they are just wasted, meaningless words when they are used indiscriminately. Frankly, indiscriminate use of profanity shows a lack of command of the language and a limited vocabulary. I suppose if they were used for emphatic power to drive home a point passionately they have a place. This was a football coach firing up football players in the locker room. The locker room talk should've stayed in the locker room. Should not have been recorded and shameful that it was published as click bait. Bad look for CKS. Every time CKS goes into a recruit's home and sits down with a recruit's mother this audio will follow him.

• navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2021

Exactly. Agree. There is a time and place for everything. I Really wish this hadn’t been recorded and released to media for them to feed on it. Now Some will say if your skin is that thin we don’t want you at UGA on the football team. Well that’s wrong thinking in my opinion. David Pollock And his parents are devout Christians. I don’t think his parents would’ve been to thrilled to hear this Before the HC came to their home to talk to them about recruiting David. I totally get the firing the players up deal. When I went to Boot Camp profanity was the second language !! But the Key Point is it Should have Stayed in the locker room. I can almost guarantee that media is gonna pound the pulp out of this, and I can almost guarantee that Yes it Will totally turn off some High Quality HS players parents. In particular Mom. Now those parents may never state publicly that that’s why their 5 or 4 star son Did Not come to UGA, so we fans might never know. And the reverse is also true it will probably fire Some recruits to want to come to UGA even more. But I think it may well secretly cost us some recruits to. Moral of the story whoever makes these vids or audio clips IF your associated to the Team/Program or a staunch Dawgs fan, how about please approach Kirby or if it’s any of our other coaches and run your Intentions by them Before you release it to the media and see what they say. Kirby and his wife have twins a boy and girl ages 13 and a 9 yr. old son. I can’t believe he would want Them or anyone else’s kids to hear this. Leaking this to the media did him and UGA a disservice in my opinion.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As a christian I am against cussing in general although I admit to being weak in moments of extreme stress or anger. That being said, if any parent is offended by their son hearing curse words from a coach, well, they may need to go to BYU or somewhere(I don't know) because Mark Richt isn't coaching any more. And they better not let them join the service.

Cursing or cussing doesn't seem to have hurt Saban any and he can do it with the best of them.

Sadly our culture has been dumbed down. Words that used to make people blush are nothing today. JUst check out the recent tweets about "How bout them F'n dawgs by some of the coaching staff. It's locker room talk. BUt it's becoming more and more our everyday fabric in society.

I've heard Yellowstone is an interesting show, I just can't get past a 12 year old kid calling an adult male a MF. I'm sure many think it's badarse.

• DCDawgDCDawg Posts: 12 ✭ Freshman

Does anyone really think this was "leaked" by someone? It was leaked with Kirby's blessing!

First, who has access to the locker rooms? Do you really think that someone who does not belong in the looker rooms did this? And who had the phone or other recording device? The players are in uniform. Sure, they could have reached into their lockers to pick up their phones, but given what happens at halftime, I doubt it. This was recorded by a member of the staff.

Kirby has the entire Butts-Mehere under his control that I bet the AD doesn't go to the bathroom without Kirby's permission. Kirby Smart is in control and it is clear that nothing happens without his knowledge. If it does, there will be hell to pay.

If this was such a big deal, then why was it released this week? If it was such gold, why not release it after the Florida game? I bet it was held back to troll Dan Mullen. After the outcome of the Saturday's game and everyone on Mullen's case, Kirby, who's no fan of Dapper Dan, allowed its release to pile on Mullen.

There is also a push for recruits and he needs an edge, maybe over Alabama. Maybe over others. It is a call out to recruits that you can go somewhere and play or go somewhere to play and win. Everyone watches a winner and right now the entire college football world is watching Georgia.

Finally, he's sending a message to the alumni and fans. Right now, the Charleston Southern game is not even listed in the sports books and Georgia will be a few dozen points ahead of the North Avenue Trade School. It's a lull before the SEC Championship. It's to keep the Dawg Nation fired up.

Go to Charleston Southern game because it's senior day and we should honor the seniors, especially #JD2NYC. The Dawg Nation needs to make this a great senior day after being denied one last year because of Vandy's garbage.

HOW BOUT THEM DAWGS!

This discussion has been closed.