Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football winners and losers as Bulldogs enter College Football Playoff mode

124»

Comments

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited December 2021

Kirby is not looking good with his quarterback management. However he is looking stubborn, but unfortunately there is no award for that. Since I have given up on a QB change this year, It appears that our only hope for playing our best quarterback NEXT YEAR is for Stetson to not return for his 6th year because if he returns I'm sure he is the guy once again. Just to be clear-Stetson can return. Heaven help us.

• Options
    chilidawg1chilidawg1 Posts: 156 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ponceinletdawgfanponceinletdawgfan Posts: 11 ✭ Freshman

That’s the question - why didn’t JT get meaningful, or in some games, any snaps - one he became healthy, and why not give JT a shot in the game Saturday given the way the game as going? Kirby gives wishy-washy non-answers. It’s not like it’s giving the nuclear codes to Russia or something.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why do some fans think CKS is showing favoritism to Bennett? Was favoritism the reason he started D’Wan last year over Stetson? Was favoritism the reason he replaced Bennett with JT last season once JT was healthy? Was it favoritism when he started JT this year against Clemson, SC and Vandy….and would have continued starting JT if he wasn’t constantly injured. I think the “favoritism” theme is the most lame excuse in history and is clearly a shallow attempt to slam our coach when you can’t be rational. I believe there is a lot more to this story than CKS can share…..and he has no obligation to share it with any of us if it’s personal, health related or strategic. Please folks let the “favoritism” excuse go because it’s a totally ridiculous idea and proven incorrect numerous times.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If you think the fans on here are giving Kirby and UGA a hard time you should be listening to the media pundits. No mercy. UGA quote, "Wet the bed against BAMA." Calling Kirby "stubborn."

One Twitter art work had a pic of JT behind prison bars with a caption that says, "Free JT!" Kirby un-Saban like in NOT bringing in a different QB in the game to create a spark.

One person said, BAMA's former MAter Dei 5 star is putting up heisman numbers and beating UGA while another Mater Dei 5 star is carrying a clipboard for UGA.

You can't make this stuff up.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree that Bennett does not excel at the back shoulder throw… and that is something Pickens catches well, though he did not see much action in the game.

As I think I said before, if I were calling the shots, I would have put JT in mid third quarter in an effort to change things up. I also would have started playing more aggressive defensive schemes (as Georgia did in the third quarter) once Bama took its first lead in the second quarter.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’re cherry picking stats. Why don’t you want to share with everyone how JT has performed against teams with winning records? Answer: Because he’s been absolutely horrible in those 2 games and you don’t want readers to know.

• Options

Someone doesn't remember Fromm bouncing a pass off of a BAMA D-lineman's helmet at an inopprotune time in the game. I could go on but that should jolt the memory a little.

• Options

Fromm carried the Dawgs to Natty on his back. Justin Fields was green and awful every time he played at Georgia. Fields transferred to a league that features teams with little defense and gained experience and excelled there.

Fromm was not as effective in his final season, but I believe that was due to a change in offensive schemes year to year.

However, I agree with those who believe THIS season that Daniels should have seen more playing time, especially late in the Bama game IF he was ready to go.

• Options

Jake Fromm in the NC game against BAMA and in the SECC game aginst them is exactly what I said he was, or rather SB is what JF was. In those 2 games combined JF led UGA to 14 3rd quarter points and 0-ZERO!!! 4th quarter points. 2 games with the championships on the line and JF couldn't provide enough magic to score any points in those 2- 4th quarters.

JF only led UGA to 14 points combined in the 2 -3rd quarters of those games. He was a game manager just like SB. Nothing more , nothing less. THey play well with a lead and falter when the game gets put on them. We beat Oklahoma because of Michel and Chubb. They ran for 326 yards against them. From had 210 passing. Somehow people misremember things.

• Options

@Kconnorriley I enjoy your articles, but due to some site error (presumably), we can’t comment on or discuss many of your posts. Just FYI. See your more recent articles with no comments. 😉

• Options
    KickJudyKickJudy Posts: 80 ✭✭ Sophomore

It seemed like the Bama pass coverage were instructed to keep Ga. from catching a pass even if you are penalized for it. We had 3 or 4 passes where Bama was penalized. It didn't hurt Alabama to much, maybe the Dogs need to just tackle the receiver when Young throws the long ball!