Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football to offer players booster shots before holiday break amid COVID surge

Comments

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I knew this was coming...can't imagine both teams won't lose at least a few starters by New Years Eve. It's almost inevitable considering holiday travel and family gatherings. Crossing my fingers...

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Time we change the rules concerning covid or the NC will be decided by it(covid) and not a team.. Shame.

Boosters are to prevent Hospitlizations and death, not to keep someone from getting Omicrom. these outbreaks among the Leagues where 95 % have been vaccinated prove it knows how to get past the jab.

• SpdawgSpdawg Posts: 344 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

My daughter is the only one in our family of 5 who hasn't been vaccinated. She's the only one in our house who has gotten COVID.

She got delta over the summer, and it was a mild case, thankfully.

In all of my checking on her in her room (multiple times daily), I never got it (I just got my Moderna booster this AM).

Regarding the natural immunity, that is actually FALSE. The virus can actually hide from the natural antibodies much more easily than it can from antibodies that are built up from the vaccine.

The Omicron likely mutated in South Africa or some other country where vaccination rates are low.

There's so much misinformation about the vaccines, it's scary. I love my oldest daughter, but she hasn't gotten the vaccine and we won't force her (I don't believe in mandates either). However, the arguments that she uses against getting the vaccine just don't hold any water.

The boosters may have some side effects (all vaccines have potential side effects), but if people have a compromised immune system anyway, the effects of COVID will likely be much worse.

As a Christian, I see the MRNA therapies as a modern day miracle. Moderna's 1st attempt at an MRNA flu shot was AT LEAST as effective as the most effective egg based flu shot on the market from Sanofi. This is great news for people who are allergic to eggs and CANNOT get a typical flu shot!

Loranwhaddayagot

I always appreciate your comments. JUst not sure where you're getting your info on Natural Immunity. A simple Youtube search will give you gobs of information that's not been tainted by BIg Pharma and Dr. Faucci. Huge study out of Israel stating the efficacy of natural immunity. No one in our Govt wants to even talk about natural immunity. Outside the US it is greatly recognized, but then again so is Ivermectin.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thanks! I enjoy your comments too.

I was listening to an interview with Dr. Scott Gottlieb...he was Trump's first FDA Chief. He's been right more than anyone throughout the whole COVID ordeal when concerning the vaccines, peaks in infection, etc.

Even though he's on Pfizer's Board of Directors, his track record for being right has been good for me...he has access to a LOT of data as he is also on Illumina's board (they're a gene sequencing company).

Of course I'm not a doctor, but what he said about the ASE receptors, etc. completely makes sense. I take an ASE inhibitor for my moderately high blood pressure, and was concerned about the potential for higher risk of COVID.

Based on what I read, the ASE inhibitor may actually help prevent COVID (that's the theory anyway), and that's similar to what Dr. Scott said about the ASE receptors of natural immunity versus the vaccine.

I wanted to get Moderna over Pfizer because based on everything I read, it had a higher efficacy. Sure enough, there was a study in Belgium of hospital workers and the Moderna recipients had far more antibodies than the ones who took Pfizer. So the vaccines weren't the same...and Johnson & Johnson's vaccine is a joke.

Another problem with natural immunity is that the delta variant natural antibodies may not protect against Omicron (they just don't know how long the protection lasts).

I've looked at some data from Israel, and I've heard Dr. Scott talk about it, but I can't remember what he said when someone asked him about it.

Like I said, I'm for the vaccine, but I'm NOT for mandates.

• DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It's not about one player, obviously, but man... can JT catch a d*mn break? Best wishes to him, George, and all the Dawgs. Positive test doesn't bother me, but "symptomatic" is different, might affect ability to prep, even if throwing on the side. KS was never going to start JT anyway but if things went south, it would have been impossible to ignore (again) the Heisman candidate with the clipboard. That is still an option, I suppose, if JT's cleared to play as of the 31st, but it's not a great situation, to put it mildly. And somehow I feel like this is not the last shoe to fall before the game. Same for UofM. Vaccines don't stop the virus. Masks don't stop the virus (never have). Let's just hope these young men get or stay well and get to play the game they love on the biggest stage in college football.

• KudzuKudzu Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Couldn't agree more. A few days ago, I posted a comment on the QB and injuries update article asking if Kirby was on top of the CoVid situation. To the person who marked it "off topic"... I (sadly) stand vindicated 🤣🤣🤣

No matter how this turns out, this is a great team that has given me the season-of-fun of a lifetime. I wish all of them well, and (of course) am rooting for them to win... but whatever the outcome, I know they're busting hump against a historically unusual set of odds.

Have a great holiday, all. Go Dawgs!!!

serves on the Pfizer board- yikes!!

Your pharmacist is mistaken. It does not require a medical degree to review the research. There is a measurable immune response almost immediately after the booster. While it will continue to increase, it does not take the two weeks for effectiveness as the original shot did. But whether it was a day, a week or a month, shouldn’t this have been given to the team already, especially since boosters have been widely available?

edited December 2021

Regardless of JT’s diagnosis, etc., doesn’t it now really point to the short-sightedness of CKS to not get meaningful playing time to either Beck of Vandagriff during the multiple blowouts this season? Heading into a game against one of the top teams at sacking QB’s, the game plan will now be even more conservative for fear of a SBIV injury. Much like the game plan was in Fromm’s last season with no qualified backup behind him.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm surprised that it's taken this long for UGA to be this affected by COVID. I am not surprised at the number of people on this string who so obviously oppose vaccination, nor will I be surprised when several UGA starters and key reserves have to miss the Orange Bowl due to COVID. SEC rules require players to isolate for 10 days from onset of symptoms. Not sure when symptoms began for Daniels and Pickens but that would mean Tuesday would would be the cut-off date to insure a player can play in the Orange Bowl. Surely, there will be players who will start experiencing symptoms today or tomorrow, though. Those guys are toast.

And I'll bet that somehow, Michigan won't lose any players to COVID, and neither will Bama.

• stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

It would appear this has turned out to be a wasted year for Daniels. One has to wonder what decisions he faces and what he will decide as it pertains to next year