Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Todd Monken: ‘No doubt’ Georgia can win national championship with Stetson Bennett at quarterback

2»

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1....Point taken and acknowleged. It still means Daniels is 2-0 against his toughest opponents, and Stet is 0-2.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

@BigMike....OKAY, as I said before to another commenter, we'll just say Daniels is 2-0 against his toughest opponents Clemson and Cincy, and Stet is 0-2 against Bama....and those loses weren't even close.

I don't care who the QB is as long as he can bring home a win, and a National Championship. All this discussion is nothing but noise. If Stet can LEAD the team to win against Michigan AND Bama/Cincy then I'd say he's the best walk-on QB that ever walked the earth, and the college football world will certainly praise his excellence for days if not weeks after we win the Natty.

But until that day happens, I'll continue to be skeptical.

• Options
    DawgOnTheBeachDawgOnTheBeach Posts: 59 ✭✭✭ Junior

MG you will go any length to disparage Stetson and elevate JT. Like the comment that JT was … the Heisman Trophy FAVORITE… Total BS - JT was one of a dozen or so as a POTENTIAL. You would do well on some of the media sites specializing in fake news!!

• Options
    DAWGALWAYS18DAWGALWAYS18 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I can only say two things. GO DAWGS. And Bennett can't win it. He will need to be rescued...... If Kirby don't wait to late because he's so stuck up Bennett🙄

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

That's pretty bold. If you are so sure of that, then you should be willing to turn in your Dawg fan card, if they lose? I am less certain. I love my Dawgs. I think they can beat Michigan. But I foresee another loss to Bama, because our qb play is not good enough. It's good. But not good enough to outscore Bama.

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,177 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

So you think JT would have beaten Bama? You’ve got to be kidding me!!! This season JT scored 3 points against #19 Clemson (with 135 yards passing on 30 attempts) and then you think he would have miraculously scored 42 against the #1 team to get a win. Last year Bennett played light years better than a kid named Justin Fields against arguably the best Bama team in history. So you again think JT would have scored 42 points in that game? Wow, I finally get it, I think.

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited December 2021

There are a group of vocal fans on this board (and elsewhere) and some sports writers who have created a fantasy quarterback god in their minds in the unproven personage of JT Daniels. A fictional hero of legend that can overcome any failings of his team mates and coaching schemes. He can throw receivers open. He can will them to gain separation. He doesn’t have to be mobile, he just guns down defenses from the safety of the pocket. Daniels can part the Red Sea if need be!

I get it. All of us Dawg fans are desperate for another National Championship.

However, in his interview, Monken could not have been more passionate concerning his belief in Stetson Bennett and Bennett’s abilities. Monken is a savvy OC by most accounts. After watching more game tape and practices than anyone, he has concluded that Bennett is the guy who gives our team the best chance to win the Natty.

Instead of going with fantasies, I am going to believe in Monken and his judgment.

Go Dawgs!

• Options
    HemingweyHemingwey Posts: 3,898 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Daniels didn’t win the Clemson game, the defense did.

Bennett didn’t lose the Florida game last year, the Dawgs were up until he separated his shoulder and couldn’t throw and was taken out.

Bennett didn’t lose the Alabama game this year, the defense did.

The Alabama game last year… it is a toss up as to why Georgia lost.

If the Georgia defense returns to form, the Dawgs likely beat Michigan, then we likely play Alabama, who is without their most productive receiver. I like our chances.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

No there are two groups of fans on here: one sees the failures of SB to win against BAMA and want him to have another try, the other group believes JT has enogh talent to at least get the chanceto lead the team against them or Mi. One is you know what you're going to get and it doesn't appear to be enough the other is an unknow at this point, but hsa done nothing other than win the Gatoraide HS player of the year and win every game he's started at UGA. THe Known vs the Unknown that 's it. Some people enjoy eating the same meal over and over again, it's comforting, I get it.

• Options
    stonestone Posts: 399 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bama won a national championship with Jake Coker who was never a NFL quarterback and was an undrafted free agent. He was surrounded by a team of excellent players.

I see no reason that Bennett cannot do the same if his teammates step up

remember the most popular player on any team after a loss is the backup quarterback. This is true everywhere

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To believe seriously that JT is somehow less than SB is utterly absurd. SB may be the Starting QB for continuity sake(if it ain't broke)as some would say don't change things. But JT not starting has zip to do with who the better passer is.