Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Live Blog: Georgia arrives, key plays available for Michigan in Orange Bowl CFP

Comments

• Options
    Dawg89Dawg89 Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

Please All you Bennett / Kirby Haters - go cheer for Bama. Mike you too.

Every article -every headline - divisive. Creating a controversy that isn't there. It's obvious Coach Monken and Coach Smart have made their decision, and guess what - they know more football than you do. Coaches know their players, they know their team.. If they decide to make a change - trust their judgement. If they don't - trust their judgement. They see these guys everyday - They've more than earned that trust.

Don't know how this game or season will end - but coaches and players want to win a heck of alot more than reporters enamored with High School star ratings, or keyboard warriors.

Dawgs lead 27-3 at half - and comments criticizing the final minute, and for Kirby to "do your job"! Unbelievable.

Support the Dawgs - support who the coaches deem to have earned their starting spot based on their experience and track record of success - Support these kids out there busting their ass so you can have bragging rights to your friends - or please go find another team to cheer for.

Proud to be a UGA Bulldog - and thankful for all the effort of coaches and players - win or lose.

GO Dawgs!

• Options
    navydawgnavydawg Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THIS ^ The only reason I was upset with Kirby is he was chewing hard on Stets with a time out left in his pocket !! I think Kirby didn’t realize he still had one time out left and that’s Why he was chewing on Stets. But Somebody gotta give Stets the play for him to run it !! Oh well it’s done.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think he was hoping to get into fg range to use it. So Kirby should of thought this through. But Bennett sure didn't help anything. He looked completely lost at what the philosophy of that drive was going to be. 3 runs, seems pretty obvious. He did look like a deer in headlights though. Maybe the team should of made that decision before they took the field.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Dawg89...hey bud, you need to back off. Some very good fans are passionate, committed, and can be critical. There's nothing wrong with that. There's absolutely nothing wrong with questioning decisions. Coaches make bad decisions and are not beyond reproach. You can still be mad as heck at the losses and overjoyed at the wins. And just because you question or criticize doesn't mean you are not a fan. That's just silly thinking. We want success and in some cases close is just not good enough when you know the Dawgs can and have done better.

Sorry, I'm an alum and diehard fan, and you'll never get me to accept mediocre results and devastating losses without posing questions...especially considering the elite talent we have.

• Options

He looked like Somebody needed to call a play into him. But it’s done. Moving on……

• Options

I wasn't bad-mouthing anything. It was just his expression. Lol.

• Options

Oh I know you wasn’t . No problems here. I just think he was bamboozeled that Kirby was chewing on him with a time out still there And I think he was Needing a play called in instead of improvising.

• Options

Kendrick intercepts in the end zone, we run 2 running plays that gain 2 yards, and then Stet almost throws an interception! Why is Kirby going all conservative now and back at the end of the 1st half!?!?

@Dawg89...yes, I'm being critical, because it's not working!

• Options

Now Stets DID make a very dangerous and risky move then throwing the ball up field with no Dawgs around. BUT why are Monken and Kirby going conservative all of a sudden ?? Oh well that’s why they are coaches making big $$$

• Options

But now I will now bad-mouth what just happened on UGA's first drive. Prevent offense time, defense will be on the field for 22 of the last 30 minutes, and will go into next week tired. This is kirby's MO. Every week. As great as Bennett has played, that was a very poor decision to throw the ball where he did.

Defense was just on the field for 5+ minutes, so Kirby goes 3 and out. SMH

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well here we go again....get a lead and start playing not to lose in the 2H. And put the last drive of the 1H with it, it's just so frustrating for this team not to have a killer mentality......and people wonder why we can't beat Bama

• Options
    randyglass14randyglass14 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭ Junior

Look a great game so far by the Dawgs....but why can't we play that way for 4Qs? It's like we're scared we'll lose the lead somehow so we get all anxious and careful and just shut down our O hoping to hang on at the end.

• Options

Sound defense but pretty sloppy offense for much of Q3...too many penalties. Zero points scored on turnovers. Wasted opportunities.

• Options

Yep. I see we’re all mostly on the same page. Kirby and our Dawgs need to Keep the pedal Floored !! Put this game away !! Stop getting all conservative on O !!

• Options

Zero points scored by the Dawgs on 3 turnovers.

How can that be?

Such wasted opportunities.

• Options
    edited December 2021

A great defensive stand in the 3rd qtr so far, just to watch the offense wet the bed. Disgraceful.

They were running theball to the outside nicely, then started things that were not working. Just don't understand it.

And then a backup qb just smokes them. SMH. Been pressuring all night and backs off on 3rd down? Didn't that happen against Ala?

What stat did I just hear? 3 takeaways for 0 points? That many takeaways should be a bigger beating right now.