Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia quarterback JT Daniels expected to enter the transfer portal

Comments

• Options
    deputydogdeputydog Posts: 132 ✭✭✭ Junior

I still don't think a starter should lose his job because of injury.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Another day, another article about the QB situation...so here we go again....what does it mean that JT is entering the portal?

Does it mean Kirby subtly or directly advised him to do so?

Does that mean Stet will probably stay?

Where does that leave Beck? Surprised he hasn't announced entering into the portal and will be shocked beyond belief if he actually stays.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

Oh, I see. So asking you for some specific support for what is otherwise a hypothetical basis for criticizing a Georgia player is BS. And I guess Daniels wasn't playing through injury against Clemson. After all, as many times as you've pointed to Bennett's injury in the 2020 Florida game, I'm sure you'd be the first to give the same courtesy to Daniels. And I suppose his performance had nothing to do with a win against a highly motivated top 10 opponent in a game where we rushed for something like 8 yards. Pure make believe. Oh, and clearly Slovis' 2021 stats are far more relevant than his 2019 production to the USC coaches' plans for 2020.

Yes, I see. It's obvious now that you're not going out of your way to criticize one Georgia player just because you like another one more. My bad. Have a nice day.

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Man, I really hate to see JT go, but if he does, I certainly wish him the very best. I like the young man a lot, and wanted to see him succeed in Athens, but sometimes things do not go as planned. He's carried himself very well during his time in Athens, and it seems like he's been a great teammate. If he decides to leave, I hope he is able to start and show just how good of a QB he is. I will be pulling for him to succeed, no matter where he goes, unless he's playing the Dawgs.

If you're leaving, thanks for your hard work and time as a Dawg, JT! And best of luck! You will always be a DGD to me.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

One week after he led the team to it's first national championship in generations.

And how is this even a response to my pointing out how little Bama's backups actually play?

• Options
    DeppDoggDeppDogg Posts: 297 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Yeah, I mean he's obviously gotten a lot worse as a QB. #1 on the Heisman watch for 2021, now dropped all the way to #3 for 2022 (behind Bryce Young and CJ Stroud). [Yes, that's sarcasm.]

Very, very disappointed to see JT leave, and not get to see him operate at full strength-speed in the "real" Monken system. The quote from Erickson doesn't surprise me at all. The kid was starting as a freshman at Mater Dei (one of the top H.S. teams in the country, also Bryce Young's alma mater), calling his own plays as a Sophomore, and still holds all their passing records in spite of leaving a full year early.

So yeah, he can play the game. But hey, It's all been said, so no more from me.

I will look forward to watching JT next year, wherever he ends up, and in the NFL come 2023.

A hell of a journey but no sign of flinch in this kid, no matter what.

Good luck, dude! Go ball out!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited January 2022

It very well could mean if JT doesn’t transfer that he will be behind Vandegriff and Bennett going into spring

I can’t believe JT would meet with Kirby without Kirby knowing Bennett’s status. My bet if he transfers is Bennett is coming back and Vandegriff and Bennett are ahead of JT on the depth chart.

As some are saying, “Kirby doesn’t have a clue.”, I hope he doesn’t get a clue because I like winning national championships with a dominant defense and an offense averaging 40 points per game!

• Options
    khummelkhummel Posts: 821 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Couldn't agree more, SB. The picture above of him hugging and raising Stetson up says it all. I'd even go as far as to say I wouldn't mind if he played a heckuva game against us... just prefer he not hang a W on us. Same would apply to Stetson, if he were to leave and play elsewhere. Class acts who've paid their dues. Just make sure you leave any game against us with impressive stats but an L on the scoreboard. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

You’ve bashed Stetson all season. The only thing that’s changed since September is he’s won 2 MVPs, the National Championship and beat the Heisman Trophy winner in the biggest game of the season, but you continue your garbage. Thank God you didn’t get it your way and we had the Mailman.

• Options
    GardenDawgGardenDawg Posts: 311 ✭✭✭ Junior

Let's hope this does not hurt us in the long run!

• Options
    Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 168 ✭✭✭ Junior

Ronald McDonald can be the quarterback as long as CKS keeps winning national championships. Go Dawgs!!!